SAU Community

Gt-r 40km/h Over. Need Your Help!

eastes

Its easy to get 20 k over in my wifes 1.6 auto laser let alone a Japanese super car

So you're telling me you're retarded? If you don't NOTICE the speed you are doing in a Ford laser you simply shouldn't be on the road.

To the OP congrats. But a very insincere one at that, it's a shame that when you f**k up you can go see a Magistrate and put your remorse on paper whilst wearing a suit.

In my eyes you did a very silly thing and should have paid for it by losing your license. We have all done silly things and need to take responsibility for them.

All that magistrate did was show more and more people that when they screw up all they have to do is put bullsh*t on paper and they'll get let leniency or completely let off. It's quite frustrating to see this happen, but unfortunately this is all too common place.

So you're telling me you're retarded? If you don't NOTICE the speed you are doing in a Ford laser you simply shouldn't be on the road.

To the OP congrats. But a very insincere one at that, it's a shame that when you f**k up you can go see a Magistrate and put your remorse on paper whilst wearing a suit.

In my eyes you did a very silly thing and should have paid for it by losing your license. We have all done silly things and need to take responsibility for them.

All that magistrate did was show more and more people that when they screw up all they have to do is put bullsh*t on paper and they'll get let leniency or completely let off. It's quite frustrating to see this happen, but unfortunately this is all too common place.

Its you who is retarded my mini moke driving hippy friend

Are you the new Jesus thats never sined

I never said I didnt notice it. Well thats not what I read.

Seriously you must be a right wanker the way your going on

This is VERY much a case of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Nobody in here has the right to speak condescendingly as they are to the OP - if you truly are without sin then why aren't you out doing what all the other hippies do?

Sure we've established OP f**ked up. Hell, he established that in his first post. If he's insincere as you've put it RB25PWR, then he's done a FARKEN good job at convincing us otherwise.

He's learning a lesson even with his "lenient" punishment. He was remorseful. If the OP is NOT remorseful for his actions as you see it, then nobody is.

You're a twat and the kind of person who really does make us (human beings) look like a bunch of self absorbed do-gooding wankers.

This is VERY much a case of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Nobody in here has the right to speak condescendingly as they are to the OP - if you truly are without sin then why aren't you out doing what all the other hippies do?

Righto Fanboi. How about you now go into every other thread where someone's broken the law and everyone's bagged them out and preach the same shit? As in, the other 95% of the "I've broken the law" threads.

We've established the same facts in many other threads, read their contents and the end result. Your 1 sidedness in regards to this one very specific issue both amuses and sickens me.

There is no need to bag the OP out, but there was no need to bag every other OP out either. Everyone's attitude has been moulded by fags on here preaching the same shit over and over, if you can't handle that, go and change the whole forum, member by member, good luck with that.

Actively defending the guy makes you look just as much of a tosser. This thread should be laid to rest. And I agree Nismoid. The laws aren't about safety at all. We should all do 40km/h over and not crash for 2 weeks, that'll prove speeding is safe right? I mean we have people here who can't manage their speed with the throttle. Why would we allow them to travel 40km/h over? The thought of these slow reacting people negotiating a corner at speed bewilders me.

And the other R35 owner talking about his R35's are 'so easy to speed in' - Just keep in mind that many others here have 32/3/4's that are as fast, or faster than the R35, so talking about how it's so easy to end up 40km/h over is utter bullshit.

Edited by GTRPowa

Frankly OP; I'm disgusted that you took the easy option.

You should've turned yourself in to the nearest police station and demanded that they shoot you dead; on the spot.:rolleyes: (For those not paying attention; I'm being sarcastic)

What do we have a legal system for; if you can't pay your money and take your chances?

The magistrate could've just as easily gone in the complete opposite direction; found him guilty, enforced the maximum penalty and the maximum fine.

He didn't; obviously he decided there was merit in the actions of the OP and adjusted the penalty accordingly.

OP didn't get off scot free; but he's not an axe murderer either.

My God there are some morons on this forum. Opinions are just like arseholes. Everybody has one.

What's more dangerous? A drunk/drugged driver, some phuckwit texting/looking at their mobile phone whilst driving, a p plater doing 20kmh over in the rain in a shitbox or an experienced driver in a very capable car nailing it for all of the 2.5 seconds it probably takes to get from 100 to 140 in a lot of the cars we own and drive ( being part of a forum such as this ).

I have spent a large proportion of my life ( for the last 28 years ) driving in city traffic watching total phucking dickheads who have no apparent commonsense and shouldn't have a licence put peoples lives at risk failing to complete the most basic actions behind the wheel. The least of my worries is a capable driver in a capable car giving it bit of a squirt at the right time and place.

If anything; this thread demonstrates what a good job our government has done demonising speeding as an offence. They did exactly the same thing with drink driving (I don't actually have a problem with that though).

It's an extremely effective technique; turning the population against "killer speeding criminals". No one has any sympathy, because you brought it on yourself.

What crap. No one was injured, no one died; and don't start with the "but it could've happened" because it didn't.:rolleyes: I've sped. Plenty of times. And I haven't died once.

I'm glad he stood up and had a go; everyone should. Just for the sake of it. Why do you think the average fine is less than a days pay? If it was more; everyone would have a go, on the off chance they might get off.

If we had proper driver training, decent roads with sensible speed limits that reflect the improvements in vehicle dynamics over the last 30 years; I'd be willing to bet the OP wouldn't have even been speeding, because the open froad speed limit would likely be 30-40km/h higher.

But that's a WHOLE other thread...

Edited by Daleo

Righto Fanboi. How about you now go into every other thread where someone's broken the law and everyone's bagged them out and preach the same shit? As in, the other 95% of the "I've broken the law" threads.

We've established the same facts in many other threads, read their contents and the end result. Your 1 sidedness in regards to this one very specific issue both amuses and sickens me.

There is no need to bag the OP out, but there was no need to bag every other OP out either. Everyone's attitude has been moulded by fags on here preaching the same shit over and over, if you can't handle that, go and change the whole forum, member by member, good luck with that.

Actively defending the guy makes you look just as much of a tosser. This thread should be laid to rest. And I agree Nismoid. The laws aren't about safety at all. We should all do 40km/h over and not crash for 2 weeks, that'll prove speeding is safe right? I mean we have people here who can't manage their speed with the throttle. Why would we allow them to travel 40km/h over? The thought of these slow reacting people negotiating a corner at speed bewilders me.

And the other R35 owner talking about his R35's are 'so easy to speed in' - Just keep in mind that many others here have 32/3/4's that are as fast, or faster than the R35, so talking about how it's so easy to end up 40km/h over is utter bullshit.

LOL, yusomadbro?

Clearly you have not driven a 35, although we appreciate your expert opinion! If you had driven one you would know that the 35 is much smoother than the earlier models. In the 32/34 you know when you are doing 40km over the limit, in the 35 it just happens without you even knowing it. And yes, I have driven each model.

having owned every model GTR from 32-35 I can tell you the difference between say 80km/h and 120km/h in a R35 is merely a second or two more on the throttle and a barely perceptible increase in speed. without driving with your eyes glued to the speedo (which I'd argue is far more dangerous than 'speeding') I would challenge anyone to sit in the car, let me accelerate for a period then tell me what top speed I hit.

in a car with 500hp, masses of torque, smooth DSG box etc and good levels of NVH it's very easy to break the speed limits. in an tuned R32 or R33 or R34 you'll hear the gates crack, the thing starts to scream, you have to consciously shift gears etc there is a lot more fanfare going on to tell you you are being a naughty boy.

anyway, who's to say the speed limit itself is fair? it's possible been set arbitrarily by someone who has no idea about that actual piece of road.

Richard broke the law. he admitted it, took steps to show his remorse and was given an appropriate penalty. in no way has he gotten off scot free. he's had to pay massive fine, court costs and legal fees not to mention the embarrassment of having to get references from people who respect him. for god's sake how much more does the bloke deserve for putting his foot down to overtake an annoying motorist? some gaol time? a flogging? give me a break. his crime did not affect ANYONE. there was no victim. no damage to property. no ones liberty was impacted. People commit assaults all the time and walk away with good behaviour bonds and court costs (less than $70). So I'd say if anything the punishment Richard received was far too severe. Peopel should be surprised he's taken it so well. as in no way is it fair in my eyes. I think he's been treated harshly.

And I believe it does matter where the offence occurred and in what conditions and what vehicle he was driving. those things do count.

anyway, who's to say the speed limit itself is fair? it's possible been set arbitrarily by someone who has no idea about that actual piece of road.

WHAT HE SAID ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^:yes:

Clearly you have not driven a 35, although we appreciate your expert opinion! If you had driven one you would know that the 35 is much smoother than the earlier models. In the 32/34 you know when you are doing 40km over the limit, in the 35 it just happens without you even knowing it. And yes, I have driven each model.

Thank you. Clearly he has not driven one. I can plant my foot half way through the on-ramp to the freeway and by the time I hit the actual free way I can be 150km/hr and my gf thought I hit 100 really quick. To tell the passenger you just hit 150 and the shock on there faces tells you it was smooth and deceptive.

And when a magistrate (someone who is way more intelligent in the arts of law and judgement and way more experienced, hence why he/she gets paid ludicrous amounts of money) decides the outcome for the OP....I think...no...I'm 100% sure he/she has made a far more appropriate decision than what some of the tools on this thread would decide for the OP.

I appreciate that some of you are showing your support by defending me against those who are saying I'm a tosser for "getting off the hook". Although it makes me feel warm and fuzzy that you got my back, there's no need :-)

I understand why a few members would get pissed about others "getting off the hook", but I don't think they see that I'm actually not off the hook. Far from it. I haven't lied about anything to court and I pleaded guilty to the offence. "Getting off the hook" usually implies a lie of some kind.

• I've spent $1000's in fines and legal fees
  • I CANNOT drive for any other purpose than work.
  • I can't even stop for milk and bread on the way home. (the judge even specified this).
  • I've had to hassle my friends and boss for references
  • I've had to sheepishly ask the director of BraveHearts (child abuse charity) that I need a reference. (she obliged because I donate, have volunteered time and gave her a near new car earlier in the year) etc... Do "tossers" do that?
  • 2 days off work
  • $100's in taxis (so far)
  • And now, today, it looks like I'll likely need to sell the R35 because insurance companies probably won't want to insure me.

wori and RB25PWR, I do understand how you feel, but I am not off the hook, and I haven't lied. It's upsetting to hear you call BS on my remorse. Perhaps you might be the kind of peeps who need to get to know someone in person. I understand that.

The thing that bothered me the most about this whole experience is I didn't hurt anyone while there's wife beaters and drunken mugs that kick cops and spit at cops that walk away with a warning and a small fine. I saw this first hand at court. It's insane and it really bothered me to see. Perhaps that is a conversation to be continued in a different forum post?

Edited by eastes

We have a system in place to deal with offences, hand out punishments and take appeals. Villifying OP on here isn't going to change how that system is. If you don't like how OP "got away with it", have a whinge to the authorities or start a lobby group and get the law changed to how you think it should be (capital punishment for 40km/h over maybe?). Keep in mind that you might want to use this same system one day, when you make a mistake in your life. Besides the initial offence committed in the first place, I can't see much here that OP has done wrong. As Misanthrope pointed out, a magistrate (someone entrusted by the same law which produced the rule OP broke in the first place), has considered the facts and made a decision. Nuff said!

Commit crime > punishment > learn from it > hopefully doesn't happen again. That's how it's supposed to be.