SAU Community

Value My Car

25GTV

hmmm you may be right but id say most people arent looking for an na so they can turbo it...

exactly not normal people lol, anyway dont settle for anything under 13 grand, i reckon its worth about 13 500-14000 grand considering its a 4 door. But yea i looked at your page where your selling and people offering under 10 need to live with the fact you cant buy a good condition r34 for anything under 12 grand lol.

car like this is better for p platers, have you tried carsales? there aren't many p platers on sau looking for cars, and those that are often do it by means of school holiday threads (then get raped by the more experienced users who are sick of stupid kiddy questions)

Wow, I'd say it was worth $15,000 at least. Then again I haven't been paying attention to the market lately.

If I were in the market for a car I definitely snap this up if it passed a mechanical inspection.

Nice car man, that would be a good weapon for a P plater.

I really wouldnt go any lower, some times opeople are wary of cheap cars too, could scare them off - better to have a higher price but be flexible (opeople are always happier thinking they've saved money by knocking you down).

You just have to be patient, advertise elsewhere etc. The problem is, that car is most suited for P platers, and due to the type of car its probably out of budget for the P plater crowd.

Some cashed up youth will see this and be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake, just have to wait for him/her.

$13,000 seems reasonable mate, i wouldnt let it go for anything lower than that despite some of the stupid offers you might be getting. I had trouble selling a manual coupe which is much more saught after, its just a sh*t market man its something you have to unfortunately accept

Quick break down of skyline values... (some may disagree, feel free to comment)

Turbo Manual Coupe - worth the most due to being the most sort after, after this is either the turbo Auto coupe / Manual sedan

2.5L Manual GT-V Coupe (turbo size brakes, turbo suspension, LSD, sway bar and usually Xenon lights)

2.5L Auto/Tiptronic GT-V sedan (turbo size brakes, turbo suspension, LSD, sway bar and usually Xenon lights)

2.5L Manual coupe

2.5L Auto sedan

2L Manual coupe

2L auto/Tiptronic coupe

2L auto/Tiptronic sedan

The lower down the list, the less your car is worth.. (due to being less sort after/popular)

Some modifications can also lower the value or not increase the value (at all) of the car too.

I was going to sell my car ( R34 25 GTV facelift manual coupe 127,000 KMs aftermarket rims, carbon bonnet and altai side skirts) for about $11,000 my mate was keen to buy it so he asked around and people reckon that its too much for a non turbo skyline!! then again there are people out there that don't know fark all about the value of certain skylines...

Edited by R34 -_-

i sold my gt coupe this year for $14.5k, mainly just cosmetic mods (while yours is handling/performance).. the price of them are decreasing :down: i wanted 16k at least for mine but ahwell.. i'd say someone should buy it at your price of $11,800. I'd also advise you to take your mods out if you can and sell them separately to get more $$$ in your pocket :ermm:

• 3 weeks later...

Im struggling to sell my car too mate (no real mods though). I got a 34 gt sedan and i cant get a sniff.

Im now trying to fix up some cosmetic things to see whether that helps, but we will see.

This is mine

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...3&silo=1011

Check it out people and tell me whether im asking to much please......

(im thinking i might need a new bonnet cause of that dint and some paint wear....?)

it isnt just skylines or even performance cars struggling to move, i think its that way across the board. My mate had his stock BA XT falcon on carsales at a competitive (low end of what its worth but non suspiciously cheap) price and got absolutely no interest even though it was in good nic.

The other option which ive been doing with my turbo pulsar is consider swaps, if other people are having trouble they might consider it if you find the right person eg. P plater got done driving a turbo and wants to go NA, someone needs a 4 door, etc..

I think the reason for the slow down in the sales of secondhand cars is probably due to people having so much choice.

- Most people that have enough money usually go buy brand new/1 year old cars.

- Majority of the driving population are already driving reasonably modern cars (mid '90s onwards) with the essentials such as A/C, power steering and cruise control - which means it is quite hard to justify buying another car.

- Many families hand out the family car to their kids. Mum and Dad go and buy new cars.

- I think second hand cars that are 5 to 10 years old within the 10k to 25k bracket are hard to sell. The typical non car person will find it hard to justify sending this much on a used car - they would rather buy a brand new/next to new compact car.

its been that way for years though and theres always someone wanting to trade up, I think a lot of it stems from people being tighter/more cautious on big purchases since the GFC. People are still spending less in general and it flows through to the car market in a lot of ways.