SAU Community

Pharking Commodore Drivers!

StealthX

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had a run in while driving my skyline, but when I had my 180sx I had a couple of good ones.

First one was being tailgated on a single lane section of road. Guy was right up my ass, yelling and waving his hands trying to tell me to get out of the way. It was a 60 zone and I was doing a bit above that. Further ahead the road became double lanes and about 50m before then I caught up to the guy in front of me.

I chose the right hand lane while the guy in front of me went in to the left. I dropped back so that I was sitting behind the the guy in the left lane, but not leaving enough room for the bogan commodore driver behind me to get past us. He pulled up and started abusing me, typical rubbish telling me to pull over to fight him etc. I grabbed a whole handful of silver coins out of my center console and hurled them at his car, downshifted and planted my foot on the accelerator.

Second occassion was on the freeway with four lanes of traffic. The three lanes on the left hand were going about 90 and I got into the furtherest right lane and was sitting on 110. I looked in my rear view mirror and watched this guy in a Jag come flying up from out of nowhere. He must have been doing over 150 because of how quick he came up behind me.

Same stupid thing, honking, flashing his lights, yelling, waving his fists to get me to pull over. I ignored him and sat on 110 for about ten minutes. During that time he must have tried to get past me about half a dozen times, getting into the left lane and trying to get ahead. It never worked for him, he kept getting caught up in the traffic and ending up behind me again.

Finally he got beside me and swerved at me a number of times, trying to run me off the road. Then he pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes. I had already been slowing down to give myself some room from this looney luckily, so I stopped about 4m behind his car. Traffic in the other 3 lanes still going at 90 so I couldnt just switch lanes and take off. Then this guy gets out, some huge islander guy carrying a little metal bat. I was really running out of options as the guy approached me. There was a fairly wide shoulder on my right, enough to get a car down, but that's where this idiot was walking towards my car.

I decided stuff it, if it was going to him or me, I'd rather it was him. I put my foot down on the accelerator, started feeding the clutch out and just hoping that he would get out of my way. The guy shit his pants and jumped onto his car to get out of the way as I came screaming past. I lost sight of him in the rear view as he was getting back in his car, never saw him again.

See how much easier that is with a little punctuation? was going to fix the other 'huge wall of text' posted by someone else on here but he seems so mentally unstable (hey he said it first) that he would probably track me down and re arrange my lounge room while i was sleeping just to make a point.

Anyway i think two lessons can be surmised so far from this thread..

A) if someones flying up behind you (however illegal and rude it is) just get out of the way. You will save yourself an assload of trouble.

B) was going to say something about Commodore drivers but I think I will just re-iterate how important A) is. Get outta the goddamn way.

ok carry on, best thread i have seen for a while. :cheers:

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This morning I carefully reinstalled the manifold and started looking at a couple of things I need to do.  Heat wrap arrived sometime today so I popped into the shed with the missus dishwashing gloves and started wrapping the first half of the dump and the screamer/plumb back.  Once I do the second half I'll be able to final fit the turbo and exhaust up.  Also pulled the harness out today and started terminating it at the ECU end. A connector is done, just need to run the remaining wires that arent in the harness - 12v, gnd and couple I/O
    • A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.