SAU Community

Are These Pistons Forged? (pics Inside)

SLYDA

I was told they were ARIES.. Just found a picture of a block that the builder listed as being aries they look the same?

I can kinda see the same pattern in them as well? :P.

Is that a 4A block?

different pistons for different engines but the ones up top in your first post are forged

Is that a 4A block?

different pistons for different engines but the ones up top in your first post are forged

I'm not sure, Just found it on the net its a SR20 the guy said it had ARIES Forged Pistons and they looked identical from the top including the machining marks.

The previous owner of mine told me it had Aries Forged pistons just didn't really believe him because he couldn't "find" the engine rebuild receipt when i went to pick it up.

I know in my other RB25 Engine there is a little circle and some numbers on the stock pistons so stock ones are easy to pick, im just not sure how to pick aftermarket standard pistons against forged.

Thanks so much guys :P..

Will standard rods handle 450/460HP or much more? Car has a GT3582R High Mount with 0.63A/R, Tomei Poncams, Greddy Copy Intake, 44mm Tial Wastegate, PowerFC, 740cc Nismo Injectors, Splitfire Coils, Greddy Adjustable Exhaust Cam Gear.

It will be at the wheels..

Do you really need to have an engine builder change the rods? I would have thought it would be as simple as marking the pistons and their direction and bearings and the way they were installed, unbolting the rods, removing the grudgeon pin sirclip and popping it out, bolting up a set of say eagle rods, making sure the bearings arn't scored, connect up the new rods and then use a piston ring compressor to get the pistons back into the block put the bearings back in and torquing it up correctally?

The motor is less than 5000km/s old.

Edited by SLYDA

I was told they were ARIES.. Just found a picture of a block that the builder listed as being aries they look the same?

I can kinda see the same pattern in them as well? :(.

yeah they look like arias, not a bad budget piston... little noisy is all.