SAU Community

Opinion On Kakimoto Regu 06

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiously does anyone have a regu 92-z system? Wondering if these older systems have the silenced in the rear cannon as well. I believe this was the model preceding the 06 & r system

Curiously does anyone have a regu 92-z system? Wondering if these older systems have the silenced in the rear cannon as well. I believe this was the model preceding the 06 & r system

i'm sure the 92z do as well, but i dont know about the 96r. 96 is louder than 92, i'm not sure what the physical difference is between the two, it might just be a difference in terms of the size of the strictor, or that one has restrictor one doesnt

kakimoto states on their website that 06R is a hybrid of 92z and 96R + the titanium looking tip

but i was told that 06R is just 92Z with the ti look tip, the db rating on kakimoto's website is 93db for 06R, so it kind of makes sense, but i've never compared it before

Edited by chiksluvit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

In regards to difference well when I took my car checked with the regu06 fitted when it still had the restrictor it was definately causeing a restriction it did not like the extra timing I had in my tune from my previous exhuast and it was pinging I havent had it put on dyno with no restrictor but in regards to how it feels certainly feels alot more responsive and free revs better and seems to boost better.

In terms of noise yes it did get alot louder as suppose to before its not quite as loud as my old one which was is a stright pipe exhuast with a cannon on the back but its still much louder than it was with the restrictor so that middle muffler on it doesnt do shit lol thats why they stuck a reducer in it.

Now I see why racepace wanted 3500 for a custom exhuast that would flow and be quiet cause its not possible to find one for cheap as this kakimato has shown.

any more updates?? any dyno time, worth doing?

does an oval resonator restrict flow over a hotdog type one? and what size dump pipe should be used with gt30's, does the flange support a 3inch only or could it go upto 4 inch?

Edited by SliverS2

Well without the restrictor the old timing that it had could be added back in was a difference of around 10 kw

what was the max power your car pulled with and without the restriction?

10kw from 300kw is actually not as bad as say 10kw from 200kw..

Edited by chiksluvit

• 5 months later...

update: removed the restrictor out of the kaki regu today, definately is louder, havent driven at WOT yet as i wanna get it on a dyno to make sure its all good first

took some pics on the way incase someone is thinking of doing the same, took about 2hrs all up from removing the exhaust to re-fitting it, used a dremel to cut it out, the restrictor as mentioned is 2.5" and roughly 20cm long

th_806005b0.jpg

pic of the restrictor inside

th_3e7e8ba5.jpg

restrictor cut

th_4b559844.jpg

restrictor removed

th_381c633c.jpg

restrictor next to zorst

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee47/bwrgtr/?action=view¤t=748ba40c.mp4

quick vid of the exhaust note, its got more growl in low revs, havent tested high revs yet

Edited by BWRGTR