SAU Community

Car Is Too Low, Fml.

sevened

Hey guys,

Recently I got bit by the rice fever and threw on a kit for the 34 GTT. Kit is sweet as, I'm happy with it, but the problem is that the car sits too damn low, I cannot get it into the driveway, and is almost undriveable(my area has too many humps. TOO MANY!!). I am running on TEIN superstreet. I got the springs wound to let the car sit tight, had a mate put some spacers in it, now it sits about the height of 1 iPhone off the gound. I need it to be at least 1/2 or 3/4 an inch higher. Anyone got any ideas? I have been told I should change to height adjustable coils(top and bottom), but I'm quite clueless as to which coilovers are height adjustable. Please, anyone, help..? :devil:

They are only 'preload' adjustable not base height adjustable. By making the preload harder it will raise the car.

Got some pics of how low it is? I never thought my Superstreets went low enough personally.

They are wound to the max and even have spacers to make them sit higher to raise the car. I'm gonna get pictures first thing tonight!! Meanwhile, anyone can point me in the right direction for a decent set of height adjustable coils??

You could either change the springs or get a suspension shop to "reset" your current springs to be longer. If you find the current ones to soft or too hard then going for new ones will give you the opportunity to choose a different rate. Fulcrum suspension are the Tein distributors in Australia, so it might be worth giving them a call.

BTW There's no such thing as height adjustable coils (springs?) just height adjustable coilovers, which is what you have.

what kind of body kit do u have to make it sit that low?

i have a pretty full on kit with coilovers and 18's and my car sits at a drivable height.

i used hsd coil overs.

HSD's are base height adjustable so you have much more choice on how high the car is. Mate has HSD's in his s15 and he can lower it just with the base height adjustability to like scrape along the ground or be like a monstertruck

You could either change the springs or get a suspension shop to "reset" your current springs to be longer. If you find the current ones to soft or too hard then going for new ones will give you the opportunity to choose a different rate. Fulcrum suspension are the Tein distributors in Australia, so it might be worth giving them a call.

BTW There's no such thing as height adjustable coils (springs?) just height adjustable coilovers, which is what you have.

Yep, was told by the garage the exact same thing. I love the ride at the moment, its very comfy as a daily driver to and fro from uni, yet still firm and very very balanced for 'those moments'. I did put longer springs in them, and now I've gotten another 20mm which makes the car driveable, but it is insanely annoying having to creep over EVERYTHING while worrying about the diffuser and bar snapping off.

The kit I've got on is a full JSAI Ztune kit. Huge front bar, really aggressive and have since got lots of reviews from friends. Stupid payoff for the rice is now practicality. :P

Kinda off topic I know, but does anyone is southside brissy looking to do a photoshoot? :P

who the hell raises a car unless defected.

man up and learn how to drive.

People who want to fix crappy handling as well, for example, if you're into track instead of rice. I have all the extra adjustable arms/bushes (so could get the basic camber/castor/toe correct), but raising the front from 335 to 350 (ie the 350fr/340rr recommended on this forum) made the car both more comfortable and handle better. Something to do with the more esoteric stuff like roll centers I guess but I haven't read up on that, so I don't understand it. All i know is - the 350/340 recommendation came from people I respect, and it worked for me.

by the sounds of things his car isnt that low at present anyway as 1 iphone standing up is what almost 100mm? thats barely inconvenient.

im also no expert but id say a gtr to a gtst would need different set ups. But thats just a guess.

by the sounds of things his car isnt that low at present anyway as 1 iphone standing up is what almost 100mm? thats barely inconvenient.

im also no expert but id say a gtr to a gtst would need different set ups. But thats just a guess.

Yeah true on both points. I dont know how to interpret the iphone measurement - he should state the wheel centerline to guard since its what gets used here. If he has a full leb kit then all bets are off.

Pics?