SAU Community

M35 For Sale.. What The?

PetroDola

And I'm takin' it to the bank! :P See below...

lol but on a serious note.. do you think that is a vq30det the old one ?

because in the description he does say it did start life as a vq30de in a rx300

i would like to think he got a vq25det and used that to make a vq30det with forged internals but could be wishfull thinking.

Am I the only one who realizes this is illegal ??

Are you aware this car is in New Zealand?

I'm pretty sure they'd let you register a V8 powered skateboard, if it had seatbelts...

*Note* The above post is not intended to enrage or insult NZ'ers who have quality, well engineered cars; you guys are awesome. :D

Edited by Daleo

lol but on a serious note.. do you think that is a vq30det the old one ?

because in the description he does say it did start life as a vq30de in a rx300

i would like to think he got a vq25det and used that to make a vq30det with forged internals but could be wishfull thinking.

Im sure its the VQ30det, no variable cams etc. There is a thread on it somewhere.

I have heard the VQ30det can run over 400wkw on the stock engine, as ours has the same stroke there is the possibility the same bullet proof rods are in our blocks. Thats my theory anyway.

wiki.... where i rely on all info to be correct... :)

So no, not instantly illegal, because the engine is not older than the chassis it's going into. Thems the rules AFAIK.

VQ30DET

The 3.0 L (2987 cc) VQ30DET is a turbocharged version of the VQ30DE. Bore and stroke remain the same at 93 mm and 73.3 mm respectively, and it has a compression ratio of 9.0:1. It produces 270 PS (200 kW; 270 hp) and 271 ft·lbf (367 N·m). From 1998 onwards, it produces 280 PS (210 kW; 280 hp) @6000 rpm and 285 ft·lbf (386 N·m) @3600 rpm.

It is fitted to the following vehicles:

* 1995–2004 Nissan Gloria Y33,Y34

* 1995–2004 Nissan Cedric Y33,Y34

* 1997–1999 Nissan Leopard Y33

* 2001–present Nissan Cima F50

Im sure its the VQ30det, no variable cams etc. There is a thread on it somewhere.

I have heard the VQ30det can run over 400wkw on the stock engine, as ours has the same stroke there is the possibility the same bullet proof rods are in our blocks. Thats my theory anyway.

Yes mate, we have the same rods as found in the F50 Cima's VQ30det.

As an aside, Nissan also use these same rods in the VQ30dd and VQ25dd.

Edited by iamhe77

wiki.... where i rely on all info to be correct... :)

So no, not instantly illegal, because the engine is not older than the chassis it's going into. Thems the rules AFAIK.

VQ30DET

The 3.0 L (2987 cc) VQ30DET is a turbocharged version of the VQ30DE. Bore and stroke remain the same at 93 mm and 73.3 mm respectively, and it has a compression ratio of 9.0:1. It produces 270 PS (200 kW; 270 hp) and 271 ft·lbf (367 N·m). From 1998 onwards, it produces 280 PS (210 kW; 280 hp) @6000 rpm and 285 ft·lbf (386 N·m) @3600 rpm.

It is fitted to the following vehicles:

* 1995–2004 Nissan Gloria Y33,Y34

* 1995–2004 Nissan Cedric Y33,Y34

* 1997–1999 Nissan Leopard Y33

* 2001–present Nissan Cima F50

wow ok interesting.. didnt know that those motors were that current.

learns something here everyday :)

I didn't think it was legal anywhere to use an engine older then the car. Sorry if i might be wrong but thats what I thought.

If that was the case, how could people put 12A (Series 1 - 1979) rotaries into newer vans, bmws, etc... As pointed out, in NZ you can pretty much get away with anything, aslong as it's certified.

Our laws are only just starting to get harsh, like exhaust noise, cat converter etc

wow ok interesting.. didnt know that those motors were that current.

learns something here everyday :)

Haha so you were confused lol :D

FYI in QLD if the motor series was produced at the same time as the car then its fine, it's not based on the year the actual motor was produced rather the year that motor type was available.