SAU Community

Maxing Out The Stock Turbo R33

paulos

so far i have

turbo back exhuast

g-reddy profec b spec two boost controller( 10 psi)

blitz pod( one with an internal turbine i think)

tiny fmic

making 193rwkw

wanting to max out the stock turbo as i dont have enough money for new or highflow turbo or the supporting mods.

thinking fuel pump and nistune

im guessing i wouldent need new injectors as i imagine power will be round the 210-220rwkw

any other mods iv forgoten about?

would it be worth running 11 or 12 psi after the nistune and fuel pump or will there be stuff all performance gain?

cheers guys

also as far as i can remember i have a mate that has a stock rb25 head laying around

would it be worth sending it off to get it polished and shaved 20-30thou to get a bit more compression to decrease lag?

bummer figured if i was making 193 now with fuel pump and nistune id be good for atleast 210rwkw

mates got same mods except nistune making 204 or 206rwkw with fuel pump.

Mate dyno variance +/-15rwkw. To aim for "204 or 206rwkw" from a stock turbo is splitting hairs.

Yeah dude definitely get a fuel pump and nistune anyway, will run much better. Don't worry too much about the number :unsure:

+1

Just did the same thing, went with the bosch 040 and nistune, made 195rwkw on about 10-12 psi, massive difference from before nistune and after nistune though!

cheers for replys guys

yea i know rwkw arent everything.

is there any way you can make the peak power down more but give it more punch in the middle or something or dos that only work with a new turbo?

cant wait to do this mod, unless i sell r33 and el xr n get a 33 GTR. proberly not though, whats the price range il be expecting for nistune and fuel pump?

yep the way to do this is to tune car properly. either a stand alone, a remap, nisttune etc

the differences between an untuned GTST and a tuned GTST maxing the stock turbo is amazing

untuned the GTST feels pretty light on power and just plods along with progressive but light midrange

when it is tuned on it's knees and you dial in lots of timing everywhere the GTST really comes alive

im able to keep up with almost any car on the street and managed a few 0 to 100s in 4.8s

so before you sell up or plan mega $$$ on turbo's etc tune the car to its max and you'll be surprised

Here is my list of things to do:

Remap $350

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Po...ad-t210097.html

High flow turbo $880

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Hy...Hi-t313313.html

Fuel pump $130

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Wa...ps-t322242.html

Grand total of $1460

You will have much better reliability out of the turbo once you highflow it, and toshi is rather good at maxing out stock ECU and AFM. Remember to get the remap done LAST and be very accurate with telling him your mods.

Alternatively you could spend $1100 on a nistune and $130 on a walbro or $200 on a bosch = $1230 or $1300 respectively

I know what id be doing, its small change for the additional benefits.

if you don't care about turbo damage and possible engine damage, run the turbo at about 16psi and you should make about 210-220kw. the turbo may last a week or it may last a year. i was running mine at 15psi for quite a while and never had any problems. went a lot better than it did at 11psi.

if you don't care about turbo damage and possible engine damage, run the turbo at about 16psi and you should make about 210-220kw. the turbo may last a week or it may last a year. i was running mine at 15psi for quite a while and never had any problems. went a lot better than it did at 11psi.

Why would it damage the engine?

Or do you think broken bits of turbo can get sucked into through the exhaust side.

you can end up with bits of the compressor wheel in the engine (had a mate with a s2 33 have the butterfly in the throttle body be wedged open, and therefore rev it's arse off without touching the accelerator by a piece of the compressor wheel). also it seems as though small particles of ceramic can end up in the engine via the exhaust ports. i didn't think it was possible, but apparently it does happen.