SAU Community

Dont Park On A Slope....

zoomzoom

Time to design swivel mounted gyroscopic fuel tanks. You could call them "GyroTanks", since this is a problem that effects all cars you could make a universal "GyroTank" conversion kit. "GyroTank, GyroTank get your GyroTank conversion kit today" they would say. It could change the motor industry forever, you could also expand and have "GyroCupHolders" "never spill your hot beverage again with the new product from Gyro Co International the GyroCupHolder. I think someone here needs to take this idea and run with it!

Can't confirm, but been told the V35/M35 fuel gauge acts as a fuel consumption gauge too, so if you thrash it it'll say you have less but if you drive conservatively it'll give you more.

But this could be 100% wrong, just what I heard through a random stagea/nissan convo.

i think you might be right. would sound right and it happens in my sisters V35

aaron she still hasnt called me. can you let her know im expecting her call still?

also, mine does that when i hammer it. maybe its because of the fuel moving around so much it takes the lowest average reading, when youre driving normally, the fuel doesnt move as much and thus you get a higher reading

aaron she still hasnt called me. can you let her know im expecting her call still?

also, mine does that when i hammer it. maybe its because of the fuel moving around so much it takes the lowest average reading, when youre driving normally, the fuel doesnt move as much and thus you get a higher reading

Iaiaiaiain even I dont have your number, why would she? lol

i just thought there would be a level sensor n it was just missing it.

Iaiaiaiain even I dont have your number, why would she? lol

i just thought there would be a level sensor n it was just missing it.

You will be seeing the level sensor as soon as you empty the tank and we can get that Walbro in. Its a simple carbon track float sensor, the smarts are inside the car in the BCM I think... Craig have you translated that BCM wiring diagram yet? :whistling:

You will be seeing the level sensor as soon as you empty the tank and we can get that Walbro in. Its a simple carbon track float sensor, the smarts are inside the car in the BCM I think... Craig have you translated that BCM wiring diagram yet? :whistling:

Speaking of which, If i empty it tomorow do you wanna do it then? or wait till i come around on wednesday??

whichever is easier for you big fella!

Craig reckons it wont take long to do. I wouldve done it tonight but I think its a must that I go to the movies with the GF. lol

i think your car being a C34 IS the problem, chuckie

im glad this problem isnt affecting m35s, im pretty sure ive parked on some very steep slopes facing up and downhill and the car started fine

might be due to the shape of the fuel tank?

rekon an m35 fuel tank would fit in a c34? i have a spare :)

This happened to me last night. Fuel gauge was reading just before the bottom line and the light was not on. as I drove up a really steep hill with a sharp right hand bend, I started to loos power then conked out halfway up the hill! And then wouldn't start again. :huh:

Didn't know what was going on, then I remembered reading this thread. So I rolled back down the hill a bit, then it started and I drove off. Filled up the tank and it didn't do it again.

So I assume it must have been this problem. (I hope) :D