SAU Community

December Photo Thread.

Jay019

noticed there was no December photo thread. well there is now ;)

a few of the things that caught my eye today...

154991_1556710790788_1025781561_31255982_1145922_n.jpg

oh hai! :) and yeah, i did crop a portrait shot out of a lanscape shot, my framing on this one sucked, haha. wonder how many would have picked it up?

154290_1556710870790_1025781561_31255983_2101794_n.jpg

149695_1556710990793_1025781561_31255984_38357_n.jpg

Adelaides dark heart :(

150868_1556711150797_1025781561_31255985_3736553_n.jpg

150021_1556711710811_1025781561_31255991_374687_n.jpg

that reflection caught my eye real quick as i rode past. it took me a little while to find the right posi to capture it from, haha.

162695_1556712270825_1025781561_31255995_4851495_n.jpg

spotted this in north adelaide. makes me miss car photography a bit :'(

155750_1556712350827_1025781561_31255996_831369_n.jpg

moooooo :)

151058_1556712910841_1025781561_31256002_1960508_n.jpg

been playing with fake black & white with a grainy film look lately. not sure how convincing it is tho

156751_1556713270850_1025781561_31256006_2800129_n.jpg

spotted this in a building foyer and it had me intrigued for a bit. love light and shadows and silhouettes and stuff, lol.

148134_1556713510856_1025781561_31256009_5573721_n.jpg

quick shot from out the bus window on the way home. i like this shot, but not sure why

That 200SX - shame it's an s14 (they seem so dull to me), and the colour isn't to my taste, but the stance and wheels are awesome.

I love the self-portrait reflection in the convex mirror, the post with the rainbow in it, and the "dark heart" shots. :) :)

yeah see thats what i was talking about. you turn random shit that most people wouldn't even notice when walking past every day into something worth looking at. nice!

did anyone other sydney siders see the purple and red light from the sky last night? The sky was on fire. it was f**king awesome! I ran outside and snapped some shots. Will try to post a couple up tonight. it was rad!

Nice photos Jay! Good way to start off December!

Matt - Seeing as you live 400000kms away from me, i didnt see anything except grey sky and pissing down rain.

Although last night there was awesome fog everywhere. Couldn't see 2 metres in front but i wish i had my camera with me!

lol, what's wrong with the color of the sil? I think it's a refreshing change from the regular red/black etc sils around. It's actually the color that caught my eye :D

S14a looks to soft and gay. Need the facelift at least.

No ufo, just the light coming through the clouds as it bounced across the blue mountains got difused and the whole sky was fire orange and angry purple. put a red glow on everything. like the world was covered with a red gel. it was awesome. i got some shots out the front where i flashed some trees so you see the sky colours compared to the normal green. will post later. looks like armageddon or some shit. evil biblical goodness :D

yeah see thats what i was talking about. you turn random shit that most people wouldn't even notice when walking past every day into something worth looking at. nice!

did anyone other sydney siders see the purple and red light from the sky last night? The sky was on fire. it was f**king awesome! I ran outside and snapped some shots. Will try to post a couple up tonight. it was rad!

Agreed with Matt, your photos show a new perspective on ordinary things, Jay.

I saw that, mate, I went to Hornsby and had debated taking my camera, and noticed the colours in the sky while I was there. Even if I had taken my camera, the spot where I could see the sky from was half-blocked by a big palm tree, and the window I was looking out was filthy...

^ agree with the comments above about jay.. DUDE dont give up man!! keep shootting. I like how you explore the city.. keep at it mate.

I honestly feel my tank is getting way to small for everything, esp my clam, elegance coral and my two tangs. Hopefully next year I can upgrade to a bigger tank.

So tonight i decided to change the layout a little and open up the space up front. The clam can now open up freely without touching the glass or the coral behind it. Still few little bits and pieces to move around, but I think i will leave as it is now.

Before pic: Taken a while back actually.. so lots of things have grown even more...

IMG_2720_resize.jpg

After pic: Still cloudy and got my powerheads still on. Also notice the new LED unit on the left :( Looks a lot bluer tho..

IMG_2673_resize.jpg

so been doing some product shots for a client and IM NEVER doing it again. Getting the lighting right and making sure everything is white is so hard and time consuming..Then on top that trying to stop the reflections!! Anyone want to edit about 100 photos? Any photoshop gurus? Will pay you $200!!!

Eg) IMG_1010.jpg

well talking about december and photos... >.> here is a fresh picture taken not more than 1 or so hours ago... bit more processing needed but

post-78617-1291294324_thumb.jpg

It was a last minute decision as the weather cleared up and First time I have done any light painting by myself.... If only I had a BB gun or something to shoot out the stupid sodium vapour lamp that was there!!! :(

over all pretty fun though

well talking about december and photos... >.> here is a fresh picture taken not more than 1 or so hours ago... bit more processing needed but

post-78617-1291294324_thumb.jpg

It was a last minute decision as the weather cleared up and First time I have done any light painting by myself.... If only I had a BB gun or something to shoot out the stupid sodium vapour lamp that was there!!! :(

over all pretty fun though

You won't put up another pic :/

so been doing some product shots for a client and IM NEVER doing it again. Getting the lighting right and making sure everything is white is so hard and time consuming..Then on top that trying to stop the reflections!! Anyone want to edit about 100 photos? Any photoshop gurus? Will pay you $200!!!

Eg) IMG_1010.jpg

Sidd, I'm guessing you are going to take off the stickers on both lenses, right?

Also, can't you use a lightbox of some kind, even if you make one up somehow with a few flashes/strobes and white card? Or is this what you've already done, because the shadows aren't that bad. There are a few hotspots, so I'm guessing that with some diffused/softened lighting you could reduce those.

omg! Wow woodsey! How did you get their number plates like that? :down: I knew you'd go buy a light straight away. I must be psychic.

send a me a couple samples sidd. might be a really quick fix for them.

Here's some shots of the sky the other day. straight from camera. and dumped on picasa at full res (So excuse the awesome picasa softness)

_CSC6978.jpg

_CSC6979.jpg

_CSC6981.jpg

_CSC6982.jpg

and a bonus...

_CSC5040_111.jpg

Matty youre heaps funny .... with the cunning use of photoshop... annoyed though because my sister has my good lens and I had to use her crap one...

Also I love the sky shots...

Also played with my mates 14 - 20 mm lens for abit and I want one so bad

Also GTRSEAN got me the light haha but I have a 70 led one coming

Edited by woodsy900

most of my work is done on my d90 with a 150 lens.

the sky was awesome, it only lasted for about 10 minutes tops. and there was only about 5 minutes where the colours popped like that. it was so awsome to see in real life. You can see on the trees and grass, i didn't adjust colour or saturation. it was unreal. wish i took some whole sky shots i could use for later on :down: next time.

Woodsy - You need a brighter light. Looks as though its too dark and can't bring out the highlights of the cars. Or use a diffuser that doesn't diffuse so much light :down:

Matt - That sky is some sweet action right there. You shoulda drove two seconds away from your house to that road where all the development is getting down and taken some snaps so you can shoop skies into your shots later on! Think ahead son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidd - Send me an email with some product shots i'll see what i can do. Also, let me know what you want done lol.

Best way to do it is to use a light tent (at least white walls everywhere) and bounce off everything.

Yeah man, thats what i meant i shoulda taken some for later on. grrrrrrrrrrrr. wouldn't have had time to drive, it was over before it started.

I made a light tent out of folded paper for taking pics of my mates wedding rings. worked out ok. mail a few over.

straight from camera (not even adjustments)

_CSC5041.jpg