SAU Community

Import Monster Sau Nationals 2011

R31Nismoid

Has Andrew of Motive asked to film this event, or have you guys invited him along?

Granted there will be a lot of camera's there, but I am hoping this event ends up being the largest of its kind in Australian history. I for one would like to (and would gladly pay for) a professional DVD made to document it.

I reckon there could be some adjustments to the track trophies - there could be a large potential middle ground missing given what MIGHT come to this event in terms of out-right race cars.

The TimeAttack series in QLD had a pretty easy to follow system that meant people with registered street cars on R Comps weren't competing with Superlap type cars.

Those rules were:

Street Class

The Tyres must be DOT and ADR approved.

All OEM Tyres (This includes the factory RE070 supplied by Subaru for the STI's)

The tyre tread wear rating must be 140 or above.

The exhaust must be rear exiting with no screamer pipes.

The car must be road registered.

Must have OEM glass.

Must have OEM doors.

Must have OEM full dash.

Must have all seats in the vehicle. (aftermarket seats allowed)

Must have full interior in the car. Not allowed to be stripped out.

Must not have in cabin adjustable brake bias or pedal box.

Stock R35 GTR will run in Performance Class.

Performance Class

The Tyres must have a tread wear rating of 70 or above.

This excludes all slicks with two grooves such as Hoosier, Kumho V710 etc.

The exhaust must be rear exiting with screamer pipes allowed.

The car must be road registerable (streetable car that could be registered).

Must have OEM glass.

Must have OEM doors.

Must have both front seats (aftermarket seats allowed)

Must have dash in place. Aftermarket instruments allowed.

Must have basic interior in the front half of the cabin (removal of carpet, stereo etc and liner allowed)

Race Class

This is the almost no restrictions class. Outright race.

No NOS.

*Approved Tyre lists to be supplied for Street and Performance Classes.

I like the SAU VIC standard class rules much better. Basically imposes a power restriction on the cars, and a $$ spent restriction.

Though maybe some modification.

Disallowed mods for standard class

- injectors

- fpr

- afm

- non RB/SR turbo (highflow / HKS GTR standard replacement allowed, there is a list)

- tyres <140 UTQG and/or with a r-compound rating from the manufacturer

- interior removed (back seat allowed)

- sound deadening removed

- aero that is non-standard or not an option for that model vehicle

Welcome aboard to our latest Sponsor – REDBUS Racing.

The team @ REDBUS have built a Replica Group A R32 GTR… It sounds & looks every bit as awesome as the original.

They will also have other REDBUS Race cars coming up, and of course the BIG RED BUS!!!

They don’t have a website just yet, it’s launching soon... But you can check out their Facebook Profile for now if you wish.

http://www.facebook.com/people​/Redbus-Racing/100001958784353

I like the SAU VIC standard class rules much better. Basically imposes a power restriction on the cars, and a $$ spent restriction.

Though maybe some modification.

Disallowed mods for standard class

- injectors

- fpr

- afm

- non RB/SR turbo (highflow / HKS GTR standard replacement allowed, there is a list)

- tyres <140 UTQG and/or with a r-compound rating from the manufacturer

- interior removed (back seat allowed)

- sound deadening removed

- aero that is non-standard or not an option for that model vehicle

Yeah but some cars might have just aftermarket injectors and still only make 200kw's while others with standard stuff can make 220. If you want R32 gtst's to compete with R33 and R34 gtst's in standard class an R32 has no chance. Bang different turbo's on both and they can compete again.

My old RB20 setup made 220-230kw's which is only marginally more than your car. When I ran street tyres I was put out of standard class (turbo etc) where you are only a little behind in power (but probably in front with power delivery). We would have had good battles if I could have run streets :P

I actually like the rules snowy posted up. It suits the majority of 'street' cars and means you don't get forced to buy semi's to compete properly just coz you have a different fpr or injectors.

What stops me from running a 3071 with billet comp wheel is more my point. While I won't be able to use all the power, traveling 15-30kmh faster down the straight is not fair, with same response as stock.

We are not talking about smashing a large turbo on the much loved RB20, larger turbo on a 25 with good response and much more power is easy achieved.

I do agree is leaves the poor little RB20 out in the cold. In saying that the NEO25's are going to make more power than me in the same form.

Can see the reasoning for both, but I try and keep as much money as I can out of the bonnet of the car. So I like the restrictions imposed.

What stops me from running a 3071 with billet comp wheel is more my point. While I won't be able to use all the power, traveling 15-30kmh faster down the straight is not fair, with same response as stock.

We are not talking about smashing a large turbo on the much loved RB20, larger turbo on a 25 with good response and much more power is easy achieved.

I do agree is leaves the poor little RB20 out in the cold. In saying that the NEO25's are going to make more power than me in the same form.

Can see the reasoning for both, but I try and keep as much money as I can out of the bonnet of the car. So I like the restrictions imposed.

Yeah fair call however most R33 skylines out there won't be running a standard turbo so very few people would be able to run in the sau vic 'standard' class.

Classing is always something that comes up for comment in MS.

I like the concept of a 'Standard' class as it promotes cheap MS events, but I can defiantly see the reasoning behind a 'street' class.

Also a welcome to Willall Racing who built Seb's (SlipR35) R35 GTR.

Seb has been awesome enough to offer hot laps for 4 lucky raffle winners on the day... She ain't short of power, or a little bit of carbon :thumbsup:

http://www.willallracing.com

There is also some more info on the car here:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/07/07/car-spotlight-gt-gt-willall-racing-s-carbon-clad-r35-gt-r

Also some video of this fine car in action on Seb's YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlipR35

I believe Ash has another announcement to make?

haha indeed - just got up :P

Welcome aboard to MotiveDVD. Andrew & Co. will be coming along to make the SAU Nationals DVD.

I have a good feeling about the how ridiculously awesome it'll be. MotiveDVD were even good enough to organise cheap reproduction of the DVD for us to save everyone else money when buying it :thumbsup:

If we want to head down as a photographer, do we need to apply for media passes for winton?

I'll get back to you hopefully in a couple of days on that.

We are working with a regular photography group @ Winton to offer photo packages on the day.

Once that's sorted - will post up. I know Matt Ev was interested in it all as well.

I'll get back to you hopefully in a couple of days on that.

We are working with a regular photography group @ Winton to offer photo packages on the day.

Once that's sorted - will post up. I know Matt Ev was interested in it all as well.

HI, i am new to skylines and I own an R33 RB25DET, completely stock turbo standard at only 135rwkw - Im sure this would class as stock/standard class.

ANYWAYS my main question is, for spectators and people wishing to just watch and enjoy the event without entering a car is this possible? and where would we go to buy tickets as spectators for such an event? I am in Adelaide but would love to know costs for this event asap.

thank you reply or PM asap

HI, i am new to skylines and I own an R33 RB25DET, completely stock turbo standard at only 135rwkw - Im sure this would class as stock/standard class.

ANYWAYS my main question is, for spectators and people wishing to just watch and enjoy the event without entering a car is this possible? and where would we go to buy tickets as spectators for such an event? I am in Adelaide but would love to know costs for this event asap.

thank you reply or PM asap

Anyone can come along and check out on the days mate.

There are no tickets/entry fee's for spectators, it is 100% FREE

Only fee's are if you are attending the Track Day or Show'n'Shine...

But ye, checkout the SA thread. Fair crew coming over :thumbsup: