SAU Community

Drag Combat QLD 21/02/2004 Pics

strutto

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark im running around 12:1 at full boost, whaen the motor runs in a little more i'll lean it out to about 13 or 13.2:1

And about 5 minutes later it'll go pop! But it's your call......

And about 5 minutes later it'll go pop! But it's your call......

Hey Marlin I suppose thats the difference between an amature tuning your car and a proffessional, As I own a motorcyle dyno tuning business i have a fairly good idea on what perameter's i can push!!!!

yes psi350 13:1 is supossed to be ideal for a well tuned engine with good fuel and little knock... for the best power...

i just bought some vp racing fuel to try out when i turn the boost up to 20 odd psi next week..... i think its 103 motorsport(usa rating) or 108 octane unleaded...

its about 100bucks for 20lts not cheap....but big power increases i believe.

i would like to get my gtrs afs to about 12.5 to 12.8 it will see a big improvement on the dyno..

yes that fuel will run leaner i believe... i have a wideband 02 meter.

so i will put 5ltrs of this fuel in and check the af at low boost first then make so quick changes to the power fc.. should be able to add timing as well with the good fuel....

might be lucky as i run 12:1af now an gets richer as more boost comes on.....

Well I look forward to seeing your results! I can only vouch for what I've seen dynoing not one but 4 fast GTR's, on top of talking to guys down south with some of the quickest in oz, and how they react to leaner mixtures. I don't want to get into a "I'm smarter than you 'cause bla bla bla...", as that's a waste of energy, but more than 10 years as a marine engineer didn't hurt my understanding of all things mechanical. I'll watch with interest!