SAU Community

Drag Combat QLD 21/02/2004 Pics

strutto

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup.. we left at 3pm and it was looking pretty dead. "Finals" if you could call them that weren't until about 4pm or something. And I don't think anybody really could be bothered sticking around. Most of the cars had given up trying to get good times and just let their cars stay safe in the shade. So there wasn't even much to watch by that stage.

Organisers would have lost lots of money I would say due to the temperature. Right concept I reckon, but just wrong day for it.

Definitely just bad luck with the weather, plus it is a new event and it takes awhile for something like this to really catch on.

I think the Summernats had a bad turnout the first couple of years, but look at it now (mind you that was waaaay before my time, so I could be wrong)

what times did you run psi 350.... your engine bay looked impressive....

Hey Mark I ran a 12.3 @118mph, had a few dramas with traction and still running in the engine with a bit of a fat tune, but im happy with that now untill i get a bit more time to mess with it!

psi350 how many rwks are you making so far...what a/f ratio are you running i think mine is 12 to 1...also a bit rich....

yes it was a hot day my intercooler outlet temp was at 50deg after a run... not good usually 30 to 32 deg...

your engine looks very impressive....

psi350 how many rwks are you making so far...what a/f ratio are you running i think mine is 12 to 1...also a bit rich....

yes it was a hot day my intercooler outlet temp was at 50deg after a run... not good usually 30 to 32 deg...

your engine looks very impressive....

Mark im running around 12:1 at full boost, whaen the motor runs in a little more i'll lean it out to about 13 or 13.2:1

Bonnet saved 14KG, bootlid saved 12Kg, fenders wouldn't be very much, body kit probably about 10Kg over the fibreglass equiv. rear seat 9Kg pass seat 9Kg.

I weighed mine with mick51in it (65Kg) it came up 1304Kg with half tank of fuel. Thats pretty much stock with 400r front bar which is probably a little heavier than origional + the Recaro driver seat is heavier than origional.

I think that car is a demo car for the place.. so probably didn't cost him that much. Anybody else, I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap.

I weighed mine with mick51in it (65Kg) it came up 1304Kg with half tank of fuel. Thats pretty much stock with 400r front bar which is probably a little heavier than origional + the Recaro driver seat is heavier than origional.

strange.. isn't stock factory weight meant to be 1390kg? Thats a under what i would have thought. Hmm, wonder how much mine weighs? I'm probably lugging 100kg of crap i don't need..

Guards are only 3kg each (weighed them).. you wouldn't save much from c/f. Doors probably would be biggest reduction if you could get them carbon (you can, but from japan they're $2k each or something)

:Pimp::Pimp2::boobies2: Big Pimpin with 51Jay :boobies2::Pimp2::Pimp:

Drag%20Combat%2004%20049.jpg

Excuse me young ladies...  Could you please hold my crutch

:)

HEH!!! If you've got it.......flaunt it. :D