SAU Community

T04Z On An Rb25

REMANIS

completely stock internals? balancer? cams? etc? 7000-7500. properly balanced built engine with aftermarket valve springs 8000-8500 any more than that and you really want to go with solid lifters and a serious setup with porting larger valves, better valve springs again. the list could go on to around 11,000 if you have deep enough pockets.

You wanted a food daily driver that could be used for drift etc... this was 2 days ago.

Now you want to use a turbo capable of 440rwkw that requires a good 25,000 to support it.

Two ends of the scale dude - pick one.

Way too big for anything street driven and I wouldn't build an engine to suit a turbo anyway .

Big is just big and big isn't necessarily better . Far better off with an GT3076R if you want to stay with a mechanically std RB25 . If you wanted to build something build an RB30 and if you want something easy bolt a GT3582R onto it .

Just looking at the options mate this is all stuff I have lying around I don't have the same knowledge about jappers as I do about LS1's and if you knew me mate you would know that spending 25k on an engine setup is a cheap combo for my previous spendings on other cars.

Well if you've come from big capacity engines then I reckon an RB30 would be virtually a necessity because these smaller ones don't make gratifying torque off boost and its not like a Skyline weighs half of what an LS1 powered Commodore does .

I can relate to a well healed fella that bought himself a brand new locally delivered R32 GTR in the early 90's . Hated it , absolutely loathed the thing because he came from V8's and GTRs are heavy and Camry like off boost . It wouldn't pull the upper gears at pedestrian revs like his eights did so he flogged it off .

Anyway I reckon a twin cam RB30 with a reasonable CR would be the way to go because more cubes means the easiest foot pounds .

I don't know if an LS1 fits in a Skyline bay but geared right it would give some of the turbo ones a real big hurry up .

A .

depends what rear housing. expect 4500-5000 for the medium sized ones more if its larger.

this is what i see with a gt3582r on stock rb25, do doubt your going to see it with a to4z.

Well if you've come from big capacity engines then I reckon an RB30 would be virtually a necessity because these smaller ones don't make gratifying torque off boost and its not like a Skyline weighs half of what an LS1 powered Commodore does .

I can relate to a well healed fella that bought himself a brand new locally delivered R32 GTR in the early 90's . Hated it , absolutely loathed the thing because he came from V8's and GTRs are heavy and Camry like off boost . It wouldn't pull the upper gears at pedestrian revs like his eights did so he flogged it off .

Anyway I reckon a twin cam RB30 with a reasonable CR would be the way to go because more cubes means the easiest foot pounds .

I don't know if an LS1 fits in a Skyline bay but geared right it would give some of the turbo ones a real big hurry up .

A .

Read Bezerks build thread...

5.7L in an R32... ;)

Not too big at all, after all its not lag, its foreplay ;) .

Shoot anna a pm, http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/user/30020-msnismo/

She built a t04z equipped 25. She was actually a great help to me deciding whether to go the z or the gt35 (the 35 won out in the end).

She will help you, I would post up her build thread, but i cant seem to find it.