SAU Community

Silver R33 Gtr Stolen, Wsh 489 - Beware Current Racket!

bonestorm007

Silver R33 GTR STOLEN, WSH 489 - Beware current RACKET!

Absolutely devastated.

My silver R33 GTRhas been stolen from my house! Beware, there is a massive racket on at themoment in Vic. I figure this would be a good place to post, as you guys wouldknow what you are looking at on the road, and would often browse for parts on ebay. Iam putting up a fair dinkum $2,000 cash reward for any information that leadsto either recovery of a reasonably intact car, OR that leads to a conviction. Thecar has a few easily recognizable quirks to the trainspotter: R33 series 3 GTRfront bar, with the two N1 cut out squares either side of the number plate, butno inserts in these. Series 3 lip in original black. Stock exterior & rims. Fuel cap is dented and doesn’t sit flush. AirconRemoved. Parts that might pop up:

Oil cooler, with thermostat

Monza, Oil catch / breather can.

Recaro fiberglass bucket seat, Briderails, Monza harness

Garrett 2860-9 turbos, with HKS 1 baractuators

Cooling pro intercooler hard pipe kit

3.5 inch exhaust with Varex 3.5 inch ovalmuffler

Older style APEXi power FC with handsetthat does not light up and has a crack in it

Master cylinder brace

HICAS lock bar

‘Pinnaple kit’ Urethane Bushes

Cusco Upper adjustable camberarms

Castor Rods

Tein Super Street coilovers, 5kgfront, 4kg rear.

Whiteline adjustable swaybars

braided brake lines Braided clutch line. Removal of brake rotor hats toallow better cooling

Ferodo 3000s front & rearrace pads. DBA 5000 series slotted rotors(F). DBA 4000 series slotted rotors®

Extreme TSC torque splitcontroller

52mm aluminium radiator.

Appreciate any help guys and hope it doesnt happen to anyone else.

post-57985-0-56001700-1294562821_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the condolances guys.

Really sux. I suspect someone spotted it as a car of interest, then followed me home because the car was at the very back of my property!!! Unusual though as it is completely stock from the outside. Came in the middle of the night, the rest writes itself...

Was hoping to work on my Winton lap times this year, but obviously not.

Could be in a hundred parts by now :(

ohmy.gifSorry to hear about this bro . I had my GTS- T stolen about two years ago. Thank god the police found it in Broady, LOL. The police are useless in finding them. If it turns up . Mine was stripped of many expensive parts but they where really dumb and left the most expensive stuff. Anyway here's some advice.

• What mechanics have you taken your car too and did you give them your address, ( lots are heaps dodgy )
  • have you bought spare parts of someone and told them your address
  • have you noticed anyone following you.
  • maybe even someone at a shop you bought something from.

also i hate to say it mate but often it is someone that knows you., so start asking your mates.

Can i just say those parts will end up back on the market most likely. Buying parts off sus people or buying parts that you know are stolen is contributing to the problem. It feels okay when you get a bargain , but when your car gets stolen i guarantee most of you will never buy a stolen part again.

i'll keep a look out bro

I know how it feels sad.gif

Really good advice mate, thanks for that.

Engine work was done by Racepace (I can guarantee you 110% it wasn't them!).

Suspension at Trutrack (definitely not them either)

Does seem fishy because it deliberately just looked so bog stock from the outside. Very recently had the exhaust done at Ringwood performance exhaust. Certainly not accusing them, but if anyone else had a similar experience I wouldn't mind hearing about it. Anyone who walked under the car would have seen all the suspension stuff and I'm sure there are plenty of apprentices that come and go.

My gut feeling though is that I was followed home some time. Should have bought a tracking device and hidden it somewhere, not only would have got my car back but would have landed some scum bags behind bars as well.

^^ there is such a thing as a tracking device?? thought it was just in movies...if so where can i get those...this has made me paranoid abt my cars safety even though its locked up all day unless i am with it...

No, no alarm. Only drove it on track days and occasionally on the road, and stored it at the back of my place. But still a mistake.

I figure if the iphone and my navman knows where I am there must be a tracking device on the market. I have seen them on ebay, but not sure of the effectiveness or quality.

i reckon tracking devices are a bit over the top and if you had 500k lambo, sure, but for a skyline, why bother?

if its insured then claim your insurance and see how you go. it sucks i know, but not a complete loss

if it wasnt insured then thats a different story all together

Yeah I've heard a lot of imports have been getting stolen recently. Had some dream boats try and steal my gtr from my driveway. Locks were all f**ked and they tried to get in through passenger window. Had some dodgy guy with a ratty knock on my door at 1am last night asking if 'john' lived here ;/

is it black recaro with white writing? swear i spotted this car on forsyth road overpass, like two-three days ago.

having said that could just be same coloured normal gtr guy driving it had a bit of a beard didnt look that old had another guy in the car.

actually dont remember seeing tow sticker must have been someone else.

good luck anyway

There is a R33 GTR about to be wrecked on ebay just listed. There is a pic of the tyres on rims. Are they the same type? Pic in the ad isn't the car being wrecked obviously.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WRECKING-NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-GTR-/320642867652?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa7cde1c4

the only feedback that guy has is:

No recommended! Didn't send what agreed, don't answer my e-mails...!