SAU Community

Wilwood Big Front Brake Kit Group Buy!

PM-R33

interested however this seems a little exy when you can get a 330mm kit with lines for $1000us delivered?

pm'd you dude

PM replied.

Completely different cheap Ebay kit with completely different calipers and rotors.

Phil, Im in, once again :)

Excellent!

BUY LIST

1. PMR33

2. DVS32R

3. NA BEAST

4. .....

5. .....

I'll speak to Hel this week about sorting out the brake lines and I'll PM every one to see what they want to do (whether they want to get their own or get some through me). If the guys that have signed up for the front kit want to get a rear kit, it would be best just to get Hel to make up a full front and rear kit for all of us.

We are ready to go!

My mate is going to grab the kit, if it doesn't clear his wheels without spacers than we will just try and sell it on ebay or something. Pretty sure it would sell fairly easily.

I will start PMing every one tonight with details.

:cheers:

Phil

In the next couple of days I will hopefully have an answer to what we are doing about the rear kit :)

I have looked into all the options available and I think what I have come up with will be the best choice. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from Daryl to see what he thinks about my suggestion.

One payment has all ready come through, so as soon as the other two are in my account i'll put the order through.

REAR KIT UPDATE

Just thought I would update on what we are doing with the rear as the handbrake is causing this to be a pain in the ass. Basically here's what I have found:

The option with having the drum handbrake completely dissapear and replaced with an additional single piston caliper is going to cost a lot of money (way more than the front kit) and also not really be suitable for people doing Motorkhana events. The drum handbrake setup is apparentely a lot better for this. Also even if money wasn't an issue, to get it to work with the Skyline rear is a challenge in it self and may not work with out a bit of modifying. So I don't think this option is viable for a group buy situation.

The next option was to build the handbrake into the main caliper itself as Wilwood have one caliper that does this. With this I have found that first of all the Skyline handbrake setup is not directly suitable and would once again have to be modified to fit correctly. Next the calipers are very small and not made for large rotors and also for such large/heavy cars. Also they don't make a good variety in piston area so to get something that would work in harmony brake balance wise would also be difficult. Overall it once again aint a viable solution.

The final option is to keep the drum handbrake, but once again there is a problem. Wilwood do not make a rotor to suit our drum handbrake.

So this is my solution that I am currently looking into which should work well and be the cheapest option.

We shall use a DBA 4000 series wiper-slot rotor suited for a Skyline hand brake and to this we shall match a Wilwood 4 piston caliper. The largest they seem to list for the Skyline rear is 300mm x 22mm which is what is on the Brembo R33/R34 GTR (GTST/R32 GTR has 297mm x 18mm). However I can email them to see if they do a little larger diameter. I just have to confirm piston area size on the factory rears so I can mate up the correct Wilwood caliper suited and also suited for the rotor size. If all goes well and I can match something up the rear kit should easily be between $1000-$1500.

So I will give an update as soon as I get more information :)

• Nope 1

I've been in contact with a company in the UK called DB-Power. They sell a bunch of Wilwood kits. Apparentely they will have a Skyline rear kit available in the next week that they have put together so I am going to wait and see what it is and whether it is something we would want.

Will keep you updated.

Also regarding payments. Just awaiting to hear back from NA Beast and also from my mate that I will see this weekend.