SAU Community

Wilwood Big Front Brake Kit Group Buy!

PM-R33

The booster doesn't get changed.

The master cylinder can be changed to get a better pedal feel but it's not required. Basically the amount of fluid displaced at the master cylinder is equal to the fluid displaced at the calipers, so by making the calipers fluid capacity larger (larger pistons etc) you will require more pedal travel to displace the pistons the same amount.

You don't have to go out and buy the BM57 master cylinder, you could also try re-boring your existing one. Try a brake mob like Slacks creek brake and clutch if you are in Brisbane

The calipers appear to be 151.2mm wide. I just measured the stock calipers on my car and appears to be about the same.

Here's the measurements I used (the first picture):

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/Flyers/fl74.pdf

BUY LIST

1. PMR33

2. DVS32R

3. .....

4. .....

5. .....

Hey Phil,

Again I see that you seem to be buying the same gear that I run on my car.

I've been running the Superlight 6 piston Wilwoods on the front of my car for over a year now, and yes they fit under my 17" rims. I purchased my kit through Arizona Z Car in the US, and I believe you'll get a better deal if you go through them. Contact Dave and see what price he can do for you without the brake lines, the link for his site is: http://www.arizonazcar.com/

I did upgrade my master cylinder to a 1" item from the R32 N1 GTR (non ABS) but as you've worked out, the upgrade isn't necessarily required.

Hope that helps, Ryno

You'll also see that Dave's kit runs even thicker rotors (at 35mm) and the alloy hats are a different design.

Awesome quality though, so I've been very happy with the purchase.

All up they came in at about the same weight as the stock R33 calipers and discs, which is a pretty impressive feat given the size increase.

Ahh nice :)

Yeah I looked into the Arizona Z kits; they use slightly different 6 piston calipers and as you have said their own rotors and hats. I might speak to them regarding the rear kit when time comes as they make their own single piston caliper kit for the hand brake setup.

You'll also see that Dave's kit runs even thicker rotors (at 35mm) and the alloy hats are a different design.

Awesome quality though, so I've been very happy with the purchase.

All up they came in at about the same weight as the stock R33 calipers and discs, which is a pretty impressive feat given the size increase.

do you use your car for track or just street driving?

Ahh nice :)

Yeah I looked into the Arizona Z kits; they use slightly different 6 piston calipers and as you have said their own rotors and hats. I might speak to them regarding the rear kit when time comes as they make their own single piston caliper kit for the hand brake setup.

This on phil?

http://arizonazcar.com/parkingcaliper.html

do you use your car for track or just street driving?

I use my car for street driving, but the Arizona Z Car package has been designed for the track, just have a read of some of the testimonials on the site.

When I bedded in the pads, after the 10th hard stop in a row from 110 kph, it was still wanting to lock the front tires, with no noticeable fade.

Yeah that's the one.

So in doing this phil does that mean we would be able to ditch our stock drum handbrake setup?

But also wilwood make 2 rear superlite caliper kits, 1 with an internal handbrake setup which would allow u's to do the same thing and delete the drum setup, or the other option which doesn't have a handbrake setup?? I thought it would just be easier to keep it as 1 system? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by na beast

If we can get a 4 piston caliper for the rear with a built in hand brake into the caliper than that is definetely the way to go. Yes it will completely get rid of the internal brake shoes for the handbrake.

I came across this a while ago, however it mentions it is for light vehicles.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=11370&language=en

I will have to discuss it with the supplier and see if they make something that will suit our application.