SAU Community

Ks On Cars When Things Break

Wondering about how many Ks what went wrong for those of you who have been unlucky enough for one of the above or something else to go bust on you, would be interesting to see if this is a age of the part or an amount of use "ks" related thing. As my car has somewhat higher ks than other V35s out there yet im only starting to have issues now

The reason Im asking is because my car now has 84k, I purchased it with 50k. Up until a couple of weeks ago I had never had a problem with the car until the drivers side window motor decided to give up

Sure enough as some of you may have read I ended up fixing the problem by cleaning the motor and putting everything back together

Now the last couple of days I have noticed that my drivers side door has not been locking/unlocking all the time when using the remote on the key

I pulled the door apart again today to see if any of the lock cables had come undone but everything was in its place

Iv read up on the net and again like the window this seems to be yet another common problem for G35/V35s

i cant remeber k's when i bought my car, have to check the books, but now with 58000kms window for ps went out, getting it replaced with a brand new oem that i have coming in this week, just waiting for call to book and appointment to get it pro done. im selling the car so i dont want any complaints or faults from it when a person comes to inspect it...which so far has been no one lol.

Edited by ezy03

I bought mine at 76,000kms in 2008, and it's sitting at 89,000kms now.

Problems are:

1. Window motors gave up around 80,000kms (1st was the driver side, a month later was the passenger side).

2. CD player (OEM) makes abit of stop-start when playing music in the first minute or so, and then it's fine afterwards.

3. Fuel gauge needle doesn't go all the way up anymore after filling up full-tank around 80,000kms.

4. Tiny bit of rattling noise when going up driveways lately.

That's about it. Otherwise, it's fine. :)

Edited by Victor.T

Our 2003 V35 Sedan (65000km's) hasn't had any issues yet. The only thing I hate about it is the fuel gauge. As soon as it hits 1/4 it shoots down like tomorrow. I was panicking one day as I visited a mate (Yin Sun on here) as the wife and I left the fuel gauge was on a 1/4 as we went around the corner it shot straight down and the fuel light came on. I crawled it around the block to the nearest servo and I was pulling in the fuel gauge went back up to just under 1/4! I put some fuel in it anyway and asked the wife (she drives it the most) as soon as it hits on or near 1/4 fill the bitch up! But other than that it has been fine.

Edited by omp

What year is your car Victor?

Mine is 2004, Mikhail.

I used to drive it nearly everyday when I first got it for 8-9 months before I started putting on wheels and the kit.

At about 78,000 kms my driver's side power window was playing up. I Took the door trim off and pressed the reset button. This fixed it. Now it has 80,000 and so far so good.

Yeah, driver's side window not working is more painful to live with. I used to park at multi-level car parks before I put on my kit. When the driver's side window didn't work, I had to open the door to get the ticket in and out.

Quite embarrassing when you go on cruises with friends. :P

Edited by Victor.T

At about 78,000 kms my driver's side power window was playing up. I Took the door trim off and pressed the reset button. This fixed it. Now it has 80,000 and so far so good.

OH yeah where is the reset button located???

my Drivers side went completely and replaced it.

now the passenger side has started playing up

Cheers

Mine's at 92,000k's and my passenger seat won't slide forward when you get into the back.

Stopped working at around 89,000k's, Other than that, everything else is fine.

So, how do you deal with that issue, Bee? Can you still push the seat forward?

So, how do you deal with that issue, Bee? Can you still push the seat forward?

I can still use the button, just wont do it automatically.

Doesn't bother me as i hardly has people in the back seat,

Will eventually get bride seats later on in the year.

I can still use the button, just wont do it automatically.

Doesn't bother me as i hardly has people in the back seat,

Will eventually get bride seats later on in the year.

Iv been wanting to get a bride or similar seat for my car but the whole airbag thing kind of put me off it. Whats the deal with the airbags when you pull out stock seats?

car is currently sitting on 76kays

couple of months back the window failed to go back up after opening the driver side door...realised coz there was wind noise when driving...only happened the once tho so knock on wood.

single click on rear axle when going to D from R, heard its a common problem but requires rear driveshaft to be removed, greased and rotated...cbf coz i'm not really a DIY person

other than that it drives superb

Iv been wanting to get a bride or similar seat for my car but the whole airbag thing kind of put me off it. Whats the deal with the airbags when you pull out stock seats?

with 'creativity ' its doable.

though pulling the stock seat out tends to piss off the SRS unit.