SAU Community

Cyclone Yasi

PM-R33

Yeah I heard a lot of the mines have shut down and evacuated. They started doing mandatory evacuations in Townsville today from suburbs right on the coastline that are expected to completely flood.

My sources were actually two from last night, one military and the other from a meeting in the police force with rescue services. Both were pretty much saying similar things, obviously planning for the worst.

At the moment the situation looks a bit better for Townsville as the cyclone has moved a bit north. Definetely a lot worse for Cairns though.

I think Townsville will mainly cop a lot of the water while Cairns will have to deal with the majority of the wind.

Either way, not to bloody good.

Considering what has happened in Brisbane and the level of warning that has been given with all the cyclone stuff..... I would be (and am) keeping my car in the safest possible spot.

I think insurance companies are going to be as unhelpful as they are allowed to be

if your house and car is destroyed by a cyclone its covered under insurance yeah??

Yeah it is ment to be.

Problem with me is if my car got written off, the payout they would give me is around 1/4 of what the thing owes me and I would die inside. Also I am ment to be selling my motorbike this Friday, so i'm praying to god nothing happens to it. I managed to squeeze it into the garage between our two cars. My old man couldn't pull that off at his place though so his bike is now in the dining room lol.

250467-cyclone-comparison-graphic-inside.gif

Jesus christ that is scary.

Seriously, i'm going to be that dickhead you people hear about next week that got killed trying to save his car from going under water lol. "Holy shit, isn't that Phil screaming and waving his hands near that....oh crap."

*Runs to garage to adjust Tein suspension to maximum height*

don't stress phil, you'll be right where you are. mt louisa should shelter you a little from the wind.

i am still lmao at your sig :laugh:

let me know if ya need a hand, work has given us tomorrow off to cyclone prep our homes.

also the army has been warned out to help with recovery if/when its needed.

Edited by robbo_rb180

Hahaha nah i'm all good. Just gotta wait it out and see I suppose. Going to suck balls once the power and water goes out though. I like my meals and canned shit and bottled water just aint going to cut it for me!

Who knows Bligh might extend the flood payments to those who get affected by cyclones. Could be some monies in it for you. My dad got flooded didn't lose anything and came out the end of it $1600 up. :thumbsup:

Upgarded to Cat5 - 295kmh winds predicted, a meter of rain, 4-6 meter king tide x 2. WTF

I'd be heading south in a hurry this morning.

Lol @ Pre Cyclone parties being held. The Aussie way.

I think i'd wait for the after party folks.

"I dont think were in Cairns anymore Toto"