SAU Community

R32 Gtr 26/30

t04z

hey all im currently building an rb26/30 for my 32gtr just wondering was sort of gains i should expect ie power gains / response and if there is anything more i should do before assembling

it was making 300rwkw before on 15psi of boost with the following mods and standard rb26

T04r top mount turbo

blitz 660cc injectors

straight throught 3" exhaust

apexi afc neo piggy back ecu

bosch 040

malpassi fuel pressure reg

piping kit

everything else pretty much stan dard

Mods i am in the process of doing/building

upgrading to bosch 044 with surge tank

mahle pistons and rings

forged h beam conrods

ported head

sump adaptor

rb30 bottomend bored .040 acid didpped and all that

ross harmonic balancer

apexi power fc djetro

crank balanced and all that

race bearings

i think thats about it might be a few things i left out but yea just intereston what people think and what sort of gain i should expect when its complete?

cheers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best gain IMO - swapping to a better turbo. Its without a doubt the sore point of your setup.

You can increase displacement and all the rest, but the best gains are simply in one single item.

A GT35 will be more responsive and make more power than what you have on there now IMO.

yea i was thinking that or getting one of those kits that put t04z internals into my turbo but that will be later on i reckon

i also forgot to mention atm it hit full boost about 5k rpm so hoping that will improve a bit

and im running oil drain from the back of the head to the sump as well as oil ristrictors

See a GT35 on your current motor would drop a good 500rpm just from the turbo

Add in a 3ltr and you'll be looking at 1000rpm perhaps more.

IMO it's the best turbo choice for your setup as you are limited by other parts like injectors, ECU etc.

And really - you need a proper ECU to control your setup.

See a GT35 on your current motor would drop a good 500rpm just from the turbo

Add in a 3ltr and you'll be looking at 1000rpm perhaps more.

IMO it's the best turbo choice for your setup as you are limited by other parts like injectors, ECU etc.

And really - you need a proper ECU to control your setup.

yea i was planning on getting an apexi power fc djetro will this be good enough or should i look into getting a haltech or something more like that?

T04Z is too big for your current part list, a GT35 is only JUST going to squeeze in.

If you want 400-440rwkw+ (T04Z), then you need bigger injectors, 4" exhaust etc. Basically another 3-4k is required.

And then budget for a gearbox with that kinda power, as realistically they don't hold that power forever - so 5-7k.

I still think the GT35 is the best choice mate, and it's more-so affordable in terms of not stressing "too" much more than needs to be. 360-380rwkw through a stock box should be OK. But going much more and you really are starting to strech the relationship a bit.

T04Z is too big for your current part list, a GT35 is only JUST going to squeeze in.

If you want 400-440rwkw+ (T04Z), then you need bigger injectors, 4" exhaust etc. Basically another 3-4k is required.

And then budget for a gearbox with that kinda power, as realistically they don't hold that power forever - so 5-7k.

I still think the GT35 is the best choice mate, and it's more-so affordable in terms of not stressing "too" much more than needs to be. 360-380rwkw through a stock box should be OK. But going much more and you really are starting to strech the relationship a bit.

yea i will just wait and see how this turbo i have atm goes with the setup i was only going to go a t04z because u can get those CHIRA things for $1000 and they fit into the to4r housing

what are 660cc injectors good for does anyone know?

yea im buying a new exhaust atm gonna get a 3.5" i reckon

and yea my gearbox is already in need of a rebuild whines its head off and grindes from 3-4 at high rpm

3.5 isn't enough for a 04x, needs 4' due to 400rwkw+

a core is cheap, but you could sell the 04r, and it'll workout the same ;)

i may aswell look into 4" then haha where the best place to buy them from dont see 4" very often

yea i guess so ill sort that all out after i finish the build and have saved some more money :)

Yea was just lookin into it I can make one myself not that expensive probably $300 - $400 does anyone know a muffler that have 4" inlet prefer oval couldn't find anything on eBay