SAU Community

Calder Park - Saturday 5Th March 2011

emts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great day out! the old girl ran well and i had an absolute ball.

for the first time i felt the need for a turbo to push me along the top end of the straight a little more...

and maybe for some grunt to pull me out of corners in 3rd so i didnt have to go back to 2nd every corner...

anyone who crossed paths with me on the track ive probably got some footage of you from my in car vid..

let me know if your interested in seeing it...

yeah i had the camera on, unfortunately the flames i told you about were just out of the camera angle (i saw the flames as you were passing me but you werent quite in front in the camera view yet)

but i did catch you finding some dirt turning onto the main straight :nyaanyaa:

i was in group 3 driving the green datto ute

Awesome day out weather was sunny all day, pretty happy with how the car ran first time out. I managed a 1.11.18 best time, with hitting the speed limiter about 4 times before breaking for turn1 lol Im sure i could have shaved a few seconds there, car is also not running any boost, ecu or clutch about 170kw atw.. my guess. I deff need to invest in a oil cooler, i have never seen the gauge go so high lol and the car was drinking nearly a quarter tank every 6-7 laps i went and put another $30 at lunch and chewed that too got heaps of laps in and ended the day a session or 2 early.

Best part of the day was the battle i had with billy blags took me 4 laps to catch him and pass when he oversteered haha :yes:

p.s thanks for the pics they look great

yeah even with the smaller engine I had to call it quits. had the fuel pump scavange thought a couple corners so I had to pull in.

Seems 1/4 tank the lowest I can go. Might start dragging a extra fuel can with me from here in.

i had a prick of a day. on my first fast lap on turn one my brakes failed. i didnt brake very late. started at the 300m make and still ended missing the turn. lucky they have abit of runoff room. front left bleed nipple was leaking and it was tight. so we pulled it out to see if it was damaged. but it looked good so we changed the nipple anyway and bled the brakes. it lasted a few more laps then started leaking again.

your brakes were smoking alot when i was following you... looked like you cooked them nicely at the end of the straight. did you bed your pads in properly?

Awesome day out weather was sunny all day, pretty happy with how the car ran first time out. I managed a 1.11.18 best time, with hitting the speed limiter about 4 times before breaking for turn1 lol Im sure i could have shaved a few seconds there, car is also not running any boost, ecu or clutch about 170kw atw.. my guess. I deff need to invest in a oil cooler..........

Well get on the power then, nistune, boost 't and away you go cheers.gif.

Oil cooler is a serious must if you want the engine to last and save money as the oil will be shagged now. 2 hot laps and I was cooling down (didn't have time to fit the cooler on the car), then hit it up for 1-2 more hot laps after the cool down lap.

your brakes were smoking alot when i was following you... looked like you cooked them nicely at the end of the straight. did you bed your pads in properly?

yes i bedded them in and they were working great before i took it to calder. they didnt over heat. i cant get any pressure on them.