SAU Community

The Wakefield "incident"

Pezhead

I'll give you a cultural tip.

Don't admit to that stuff anywhere in Australia with mates.

School yards have word for it.

And my mate Dirty Pierre has a T Shirt that says "Harden the @U(k up!"

Appreciate your honesty, and by your own words you know what a strength it then takes to admit you are sensitive despite our cool exterior.

I had the fortune of being raised by a very sensitive and mostly sensible man. He was raised by a very insensitive father. My father chose to break the vicous cycle. He had his faults, his temper trantrums, but had the feelings and patience of a saint. If you seek to strike hold of the good in a person, you will appreciate him for his efforts.

My family has also seen its share of tragedy. I could embellesh but that isn't the point. I will admit that I have spent many cycles of my own personal interest time researching and developing my own emotional intelligence. "EI" is now being recognised in business as one of the primary skills of corporate leaders in successful organisations. So I am not implying it is in anyway common to display or understand your emotions. I'm just saying that I personally have had to develop those skills to overcome the adversities life has thrown at me and my family.

As a younger man, I did think like you have stated. My perception has changed over the years and I have a new appreciation for people that demonstrate true life balance rather than one or two domineering strengths.

ANYWAY, the point in moving forward from an event like this I have quoted in this thread:

Attitude and your own moral compass guide you as to what are the right things to do in any given situation

and

I believe you have to design your own destiny despite the obstacles that will appear in your path

A wise man that holds those two thoughs knows that he must build his own road to his own future and thus takes charge of his life. I truely do beleive this in my heart.

So it matter not what others think. I've probably got a few years on most people in SAU (besides Neil & Terry - haha!). And I do not expect everyone to relate to what I am saying in this thread. I do, however, have my own confidence that it has taken me decades to build. Thus I do feel I can share freely in hopes that some of you can share in my journey and get a glimpse of my journey - what this thread is actually about.

So no, it is not a Yankee thing about sensitive men. I would not even normally open my self up publicly like this either.

The reason I have decided to write this blog is because what has happened to me a week ago, is the exact fear that keeps most people from entering these events in the first place.

I can now honestly share that I have no intention of this event keeping me from further pursuing motorsport. I doubt that I will be able to participate for about a year, but I have already discussed my future intentions with Debra and she is supportive of me pursuing my passion as long as it does not conflict with the security of our life.

I am thankful that the accident happened on a race course where there were no pedestrians, no telephone poles and no cliffs that would complicate things. I'm thankful that we were wearing safety equipment and the car had been emptied to ensure no flying debris caused further injury.

I will leave you with these thoughts. I hope that those of you reading this will realise despite the emotion and strife, everyone walked away with no perminent physical harm. The race track IS the safest place to enjoy your car's performance potential - even a bone stock MX5.

I've highlighted this because if you've made it this far in the thread and this is the last thing you read, this is the message I want you to take away with you.

I wouldn't mind having a spare gearbox.. :)

stick it on the front lawn tell the neighbours to eat a dick

you probably shoul dnot listen to me as im currently washing a car just im jocks while the neighbour auctions his house accross the road

Sounds hot....

Eric,

as fatz said - who gives a shit about neigbhours! unless your good mates...they'll understand

and FYI - the 6 speed will be worth a bit to people with NA series MX5's...like me! but I cant afford it... :(

actually - the engine/gearbox as a package would make an awesome sell to someone with an NA6 MX5

seriously, get on mx5cartalk and do an EOI

p.s. I also wash my cars on my lawn in my jocks - its awesome!

im currently washing a car just im jocks while the neighbour auctions his house accross the road

thanks a lot for that mental image Fatz.

with a username like that im sure your doing wonders for local property values pulling stunts like that :cheers:seriously i laughed so hard i now have chocolate milk all over the laptop.

Eric, thanks for sharing your moving and emotional journey, definitely a cultural no no if your an aussie but as you mentioned, you come from a land of Z's and supersized cokes and the same rules dont apply.

This sort of boldness can only enrich SAU and the community that grows around it, anyone who takes issue with your forthrightness (including your neighbors) can go jump!

you probably should not listen to me as i'm currently washing a car just in jocks whilst the neighbour auctions his house across the road

better you than me - as you are more well endowed

This thread has too much colour to agree with it all, but I'd like to highlight something:

Pez started this thread off, not naming companies and individuals (probably for several reasons) - and a few 'professional internet detectives' have taken it upon themselves to dig up info/photos/company names and now everyone's throwing shit at them.

I mean, if I paid SureFlo for an exhaust to be mailed and they never mailed it, I CAN'T come on here naming (and making defamatory remarks about) their company even though they black and white stole from me with intention.

But in this FAR LESS sinister case, we have a bunch of kids (prove by example you are not) unrelated to the incident going around sending emails to companies and trying to make a big deal of this, naming people on the forum here, etc. Most of the crap wouldn't have happened if this forum wasn't used as a communication platform for everyone to find out who's involved. You can't deny it, just read from page 1 and watch it develop.

This thread was about helping Pez out with getting a car on the road. It was NOT about pinpointing blame, naming companies and invidivuals, creating lynch mobs, and sending companies emails. Now it's escalated from a call for help to an argument involving the company owner.

It's unfortunate what happened, whether it was before or after the fact people can't hold themselves back and just let the thread follow the course the OP designed it to have.

--

This thread is another showcase of the childish behaviour of certain members. This forum is going to shit. Admins should lock this thread and remove all the trash.

Sorry to all people SPECIFICALLY involved in the addicent.

Edited by GTRPowa

This thread is another showcase of the childish behaviour of certain members. This forum is going to shit. Admins should lock this thread and remove all the trash.

Sorry to all people SPECIFICALLY involved in the addicent.

+1

I do, however, have my own confidence that it has taken me decades to build. Thus I do feel I can share freely in hopes that some of you can share in my journey and get a glimpse of my journey - what this thread is actually about.

Thanks for sharing, Eric. I just read the thread end to end and really admire how you've had such a positive mindset throughout. Glad all the drivers/passengers are OK and that's the most important thing.

Geoff

- as you are more well endowed

hmm :mellow: how do you know this about Fatz ? cmon Terry..

HOW??

as for the thread having its childish elements, meh, thats what makes this forum so great and vexing at the same time. Stripping it of any of that colour in some knee jerk ass covering reaction would just be the kind of PC move that is what drives me nuts about modern Australian culture.

Though i gotta admit spamming companies with hate mail is pretty lame, what goes on in the forum stays in the forum!

Edited by hamiltonau

It's nice to see some levity return to the thread. Sorry I haven't been my normal chipper self folks.

Spent most of the weekend just mentally and physically recovering. I used that time to start the video and I think it is fair to say that it is going to be EPIC! Sorry to give you the teaser and then tell you that it's going to be weeks if not months before it is done but let me assure you it will be worth the wait.

I'm estimating right now that it will end up being close to 30 minutes long. Geez, I'm making a TV SHOW!

LOL yeah Terry. You've got some explaining to do :unsure:

Hahaaa Patrick 'n Shell.

fatz and I shared a voting booth together at a public school... :P

I also compensate with a larger wing than anyone else. :woot:

i assume 'voting booth' is some kind of public school term for love shack? or maybe lavatory?

TMI methinks :P

oh and eric i thought i was slow with video editing...a month? just post up the different angles of the hit to cheesy trance/heavy metal like anyone else would and u would be done in 5mins :thumbsup: