SAU Community

Innocent Killed In Illegal Drag Race.

KezR33

Yer...but ya supposed to slow down before the sign indicating 60...the reason they put the drop to 60 there in the first place is probably because the zone turned into a built up area / dangerous blackspot. Just a guess!

I swear our roads are getting worse. Coming home from work today I saw a cunt in an bogan boat (VE SS ute with chev badges) sniffing up people's asses, swerving in and out of lanes, must've changed lanes 20 times within a few KMs.

I may rant on about it, but it's definitely the bogan Aussie "my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours" mentality that causes these accidents.

MAKES ME SOO f**kING ANGRY.

RIP innocent citizen.

I feel incredibly sympathetic for the family and friends of the victim's even more so since we've all had a little fun once in awhile (although I admit I haven't since I got the motorcycle) whether it be legal or not there is always a chance of people getting hurt but I saw the video on the link and the end of it just grinded my gears about the "Top Cop" says that more legal drag races would only make the situations worse.....yea because I'm sure if there was a drag strip a little closer to home with weekly running's people would totally choose prinny laps over the drag strip like are we being serious here? Take San Diego city council for example they had a street racing problem so what did they do, they set up drag/racing nights for the "hoons" to have a place to play. Now I know a lot of you are going to be yea we have that too, our nearest place is calder (AFAIK) and that's ages away the council decided to use their stadium CAR PARK as a race track/drag strip (the distance from the city is about equivalent to our MCG) and by f**king golly street racing fatalities and injuries were dropped from anywhere between 55%-98% over the next 5 years after the program was introduced. I'm not saying US is better or knows better all I'm saying is these people need to stop with this political bullshit "Make the situation worse" my f**king ass it will, because I totally would love to drag some random, whom I may never see again, on the street rather then taking it to a track where I get a little piece of paper saying I'm faster which I get to flaunt in their face.I'm sorry for the rant this just peeved me off a little

EDIT: Here's an article on it in case you guys are skeptical or want to read further into it http://www.modified.com/motorsports/0308scc_legal_nighttime_racing_in_san_diego/index.html I love how they have such a better relationship with their police force as well

"The police did more than watch from the sidelines, they got in the action. Local cops bring down project cars (that were built by themselves and sponsors--no taxpayer money was used), and run throughout the night alongside young drag race participants. Code 4 (which means everything is OK) Racing Program was conceived and operationalized by SDPD officers Mark McCulloch and Scott Thompson. Challenge them and win and you get a free "Code 4 Beat The Heat" T-shirt" I would kill for the cops here to be that understanding.

Edited by JamesK

"At the time of the crash, police estimate the Honda driver was speeding at 104km/h in an area where the speed limit drops from 80km/h to 60km/h."

The speeding doesnt sound that severe. If its only just changed down from 80km/h then the driver is only doing 24km/h over. I am not saying its acceptable I am just saying that to have an accident on the front corner of the turning car there really mustnt be a lot of time there, even at the speed limit.

He was doing 104 at the time of the impact. Probably 120+ when he started to brake.

I heard today that the driver that caused the crash is an international student and only has an international licence...

That really really gets up my bum... ...Sure, I'd understand if it was a tourist here for three months and they had an international licence... ...But students KNOW they're going to be here for at least a year or longer... ...So they should sit the test for their full licence...

When you're looking at a car head-on it's easy to mis-judge their speed. The driver who was killed has the right to assume the oncoming drivers are doing the speed limit, not 60km/h+ over. He would have based his decision to turn on that.

Seriously, you don't drag race in populated areas, especially at that time of the day. I don't claim to be an angel on the roads but if I do anything I'm not supposed to, I do it somewhere it's not going to put anyone else at risk.

Referring to the related issue, legal drag racing is a great way to answer the question every modified driver asks: "How fast will it go?" There'll always be the idiots who do stupid stuff in the worst possible place, even if you have drag strips in every suburb, but if there's regular off-street meets it will take away a lot of the motivation to drag on the street. We need Calder, we need Heathcote, and we need them regularly.

Keep it off the street!

I heard today that the driver that caused the crash is an international student and only has an international licence...

That really really gets up my bum... ...Sure, I'd understand if it was a tourist here for three months and they had an international licence... ...But students KNOW they're going to be here for at least a year or longer... ...So they should sit the test for their full licence...

Ok most of you know I have an international license so I'm not even going to pretend like I don't all I'm going to do is explain why, its pretty much an extra incentive for international students to come here and study, I know this is going to sound retarded but I'm not going to even bother to hide the truth; many 3rd world country drivers would not pass the driving test if their life DEPENDED on it and no not because they are shit drivers its because they have been driving without rules for so long, in countries where $50 gets you a driving license (I'm from hong kong where road rules and regulations have been in play for a very long time (thanks to the brits) and their driving test is ridiculously hard but just across the boarder mainlanders drive pretty much anyway the want (varying from province to province) but its true if they had to sit and exam for another driving license the JUST GOT it would be a very large deterrent. International students pay considerably more then local students which is why over the last several years there has been such a flood of them, we are pretty much preferred because it rakes in cash. Admittedly with my entry score I really shouldn't have gotten into Monash but I am because I pay more and it's just how it works also the more international students study in Australia the more money goes into your economy from outside sources...its all money plain and simple.

Ok most of you know I have an international license so I'm not even going to pretend like I don't all I'm going to do is explain why, its pretty much an extra incentive for international students to come here and study, I know this is going to sound retarded but I'm not going to even bother to hide the truth; many 3rd world country drivers would not pass the driving test if their life DEPENDED on it and no not because they are shit drivers its because they have been driving without rules for so long, in countries where $50 gets you a driving license (I'm from hong kong where road rules and regulations have been in play for a very long time (thanks to the brits) and their driving test is ridiculously hard but just across the boarder mainlanders drive pretty much anyway the want (varying from province to province) but its true if they had to sit and exam for another driving license the JUST GOT it would be a very large deterrent. International students pay considerably more then local students which is why over the last several years there has been such a flood of them, we are pretty much preferred because it rakes in cash. Admittedly with my entry score I really shouldn't have gotten into Monash but I am because I pay more and it's just how it works also the more international students study in Australia the more money goes into your economy from outside sources...its all money plain and simple.

My GF was the same James. She got into Monash as a full fee international student. Now she's a permeant resident. But she also went and got her Victorian licence within a few months of arriving in Australia. (Even though she's never driven more than ten meters in Australia.)

The tester that conducted her test asked her why she was bothering to get her licence when the Japanese road rules are almost the same as the Australian ones. Her reply was that she'd expect anyone wanting to drive in Japan to pass their Japanese Licence, so she'll do the same here.

I just feel that there needs to be a time limit on how long you can hold an international licence before moving onto a local licence. In Japan it is something like 6 months. And then you can't hold another international licence within 3 years of the last one. (Or something like that.)

It's up there with my belief that people should take the test every 10 years or so. Mandatory Doctor reporting of ability to drive when it comes to the elderly. And cars should be inspected every few years for Rego renewal.

My GF was the same James. She got into Monash as a full fee international student. Now she's a permeant resident. But she also went and got her Victorian licence within a few months of arriving in Australia. (Even though she's never driven more than ten meters in Australia.)

The tester that conducted her test asked her why she was bothering to get her licence when the Japanese road rules are almost the same as the Australian ones. Her reply was that she'd expect anyone wanting to drive in Japan to pass their Japanese Licence, so she'll do the same here.

I just feel that there needs to be a time limit on how long you can hold an international licence before moving onto a local licence. In Japan it is something like 6 months. And then you can't hold another international licence within 3 years of the last one. (Or something like that.)

It's up there with my belief that people should take the test every 10 years or so. Mandatory Doctor reporting of ability to drive when it comes to the elderly. And cars should be inspected every few years for Rego renewal.

I understand your point but its not the same everywhere different road rules are different, driving lanes are different take the US for example if you sit on a right hand turning lane with a red light and no traffic would be going past you'd get horns all the way up your ass in your mind your doing the right thing but in the US its turn right at anytime when it's safe to do so, and there is a time line 3 months (excluding international students) like I said its all money your always going to have conflicting opinions and views but people will probably argue I did the test 10 years ago why do I have to pay to do it again or if they fail the test then its not exactly fair that a working man has to go weeks on end just to get another booking without a license, what happens if he has a family who is codependent on his salary and he is codependent on his car to earn that salary all these things come into play just as much as I'm sure many many people here would hate your idea for inspection but I'm sure you already know that and i see the point your trying to make

I know this is going to sound retarded but I'm not going to even bother to hide the truth; many 3rd world country drivers would not pass the driving test if their life DEPENDED on it

Some local girls wouldn't pass it either :P