SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wicked john - nice pics AND new PB

now u just have to aim for a 9sec pass (but maybe after a tube frame nose?)

ps: is that a bonnet cutout or photoshop layer chop?

a big scoop could look really sexy

Edited by usherly

Awesome read mate, getting me real excited for the potential my Q45 Infiniti has.Funny u mention all the mythical hi po vh engines , ive spent hours searching but none of them are finished ,yours is about the best goin around.

How much did u pay for parts for the chain guide job if u remember?

Edited by wateva

Awesome read mate, getting me real excited for the potential my Q45 Infiniti has.Funny u mention all the mythical hi po vh engines , ive spent hours searching but none of them are finished ,yours is about the best goin around.

How much did u pay for parts for the chain guide job if u remember?

Hey mate pretty sure from memory they ended up costing me a little over 200 bucks landed here... Let me look back through my records and ill tell u which Dealer in the states i got them from as i had to call quite a few of them before they would help or send parts international.

Hey John, you do know that old man Jay ( http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...php?showuser=87 ) has a Q45 halfcut V8 for sale, if you are still looking for one?

And yet again I have to say HAWT DAMN Blacky is still looking freaking awesome!

I remember the first time I heard her, on the radio....." ...cmon little MR2, go go go!!!" :O

Was at the 41st australian nationals on the weekend. Set a new PB of 10.38 @ 132 MPH in the middle of the day.. was quite hot and relative altitude was up around 4000, so there is stilla bit left in it..

Though it has become apparent that we are again starting to over power the gearbox, its fine with street tyres the slicks are just a little too much for it. So after some more research we are going to go with a transbrake equiped powerglide... should hapefully get a considerably quicker ET out of it.

Some pics of the car in its latest state...

post-3649-1158637989.jpg

post-3649-1158638000.jpg

post-3649-1158638011.jpg

post-3649-1158638025.jpg

post-3649-1158638036.jpg

post-3649-1158638050.jpg

post-3649-1158638064.jpg

post-3649-1158638078.jpg

post-3649-1158638107.jpg

Congratulations on the times at Willowbank . Would have liked to be there and hear your car . Cant wait to hear mine on full song flatout with open headers at next years salt lake speed trials .

Am interested in your present auto box if you think of selling it . My box is still the stock auto .

Just goes to show you how tuff these engines are , as you say your internals are still stock .

Cyrus: The chute is sitting on top of the bookshelf in my room... Its going on as soon as the new gearbox goes in.. cant wait..

Don: The sound of these engines with open pipes is nothing short of amazing, i promise you will not be disapointed. and yep!! bog stock original everything except for the waterpump... and the cam chain guides its done well over 200 000k's now.. which is nothing short of amazing..

Forgot to mention, i picked up hydraulink QLD for sponsorship and am curently in negotiations with Mr Muffler about major sponsorship and perhaps a colour change...

Don: if you can make it out to Jamboree ill be doing 3 Qualifiers on Saturday but not racing as the car doesnt quite make the 9.99 cut off for the Extreme class just yet... I promise though its not far off :D

Incredible effort on this two year journey! :D

Read the whole thread, took about an hour but was worth it.... The Highs.. The Lows... the Excitement.... wondering how it was going to end...

Hell, 10.38@132Mph is a happy ending for now!

Incredible effort on this two year journey! :happy:

Read the whole thread, took about an hour but was worth it.... The Highs.. The Lows... the Excitement.... wondering how it was going to end...

Hell, 10.38@132Mph is a happy ending for now!

Thanks buddy, much appreciated aye.

Don: sorry forgot to answer your gearbox question, my mate is very keen on it as he is sticking one in a drag car of his own, but ill keep u posted if he doesnt take it.

I will make the effort to get out to Willowbank . I believe they have loud music playing and young girls showing off all the good bits , BUGGA , I want classical music and nannas . ( well i am a grandpa ) :happy:

Edited by dondesoto

I have a video of Blacky just after the conversion, before the psi, I can host and post it if you want John, but wont compare to what it is now. Still has all the stock insides, dash and stuff.

Hey Don, gearbox is yours if u want it... my PG should be here in a month or so.

GDAY , i had all intentions of getting out to the Jamboree , but just .. excuses i wont bore you with them .

Am still interested in the auto box , ph me on 0423 546 380 .

regards

Don