SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep makes sense

the guy i work for during uni holidays runs 3 cars in teh AMCA series (like super sedans - Holden 253 v8's on HZ front ends with custum body's)

1 is running methanol and he was saying that it runs a 14:1 comp ratio, whereas the other two are running PULP and are only at 11:1

methanol is a cooler burn allowing a higher comp ratio to make more power (but requiring 3 times the amount of fuel, and massive big fuel lines - try thicker than your thumb, internal diameter about the thickness of your pinky finger!!!)

thats interesting that in that short amount of time it gets to 92 deg

im trying to understand how you run it - is there a radiator at all? or an overflow type bottle with a high pressure radiator cap to increase the boiling point of the water?

Thanks for the replys.

No radiator, the copper head gaskets do not have water jackets. So the heads are just filled with water and connected to a overflow tank to allow for expansion.

Well after alot of work over the last few weeks today it all came together, but unfortunately we will not be racing at jamboree. The block we prepped and filled actually has a massive crack between cylinders 4 and 6 where the drivers side bank meets the valley. This is were the problem originated, unfortunately it was not picked up in testing, it appears that the head stud has tried to pull that section of the block away from the rest of it. Grout filling will hopefully stop this on the next engine. Fortunately i have another block, so it will be prepped and o'ringed and we'll begin changing everything over. Were also going to redesign the supercharger drive system to put less stress on the front of the crank. So we will now be aiming to race at street car shootout in about a months time i think... not sure on exact dates.

ROFL!! haha cheers mate.

Well we tryed fevourishly to weld and devcon the block up just so i could get a run at jambo, but it was cracked in a few more places then we would see without pulling it out of the car and stripping it, luckily due to rain we wouldnt have been able to get a run anyway. the spare block is being cleaned and crack tested this week, then will be sent to have the deck surfaced and o'ring grooves machined. Then it will be simply a case of changing everything over...

• 2 months later...

Well its been a while, but the car is back together and seems to be running well.. we will be heading out to willowbank tonight for some testing before jamboree this weekend. Ill keep you all posted..

well unfortunately willowbank couldnt get an ambulance on standby so the test n tune was cancelled, so its out to jamboree tomorrow to see what she'll do.... should be interesting

well unfortunately willowbank couldnt get an ambulance on standby so the test n tune was cancelled, so its out to jamboree tomorrow to see what she'll do.... should be interesting

i want a text tomorrow saying "f**ken aye giggidy 9 second pass"

Well MISH!!! convertor came back wrong... its only flaring to 3000 so it bogged terribly off the line managed an 11.6 before giving up... then when putting it back in the trailer we noticed some sort of death rattle comin from somewhere... havent had time to look at it yet....

Somebody say big block chev??

Well still havent looked at it yet, but if it is the engine we will be going with a NA injected 454 simply for simplicity and reliabilty.

Its sad it cant stay nissan but its simply not viable to continue the nissan route on my budget, i think what i have acheived on a virtually standard internals engine is only testiment to how good these engines are, perhaps in the future when money is less of a problem i will continue the R n D with the VH.

Thats a very interesting suggestion u have there....

full of bright ideas dude! put the biggest farken nozzle you got.

shame that it's being such a mish... was so promising!!! any idea what the death rattle is? something loose in the cylinder? :)