SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

Thought it may interest you if you haven't started the rebuild on your current engine. The engine you were talking about earlier in the post (VK56DE) has been listed on EBay with a Buy it now of US$2500, 2006 build and only 5000 miles on it.

Look up EBay item no- 130092922424, not sure on cost of shipping it to Oz but worth asking about anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers mate, had a look at that but im back at uni now so funds are limited.

Ran a 10.17 @ 131mph on weekend blew the head gasket... it seems we've reached the limits of the stock head gaskets.. i have some coppers sitting on my desk.. the block is off to be oringed all the good stuff from the old heads will be changed over to the new heads.. just trying to track down a set of rings and bearings and it will be back to the track.

Also the new torque convertor is flaring to something like 6000 rpm and therefore running very inefficiently once this is sorted i can forsee easy 9's, bring on the winternats.

Edited by NA_R33

• 2 months later...

Quick update on the shitter.. block is back from Mendhams, rings and ring grooves in place, heads should be ready next week, there also getting a tickle up while at the machinest, just about to order rings and bearings and should have the stally back next week, so within a month she should be up and running again, bring on the 9's

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, hows it going, uni is good, start back next week, hoping to have it ready before jambo, u should come up dude and stay at my place.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading this whole thread.

That is one awesome machine. U have done what most of wish we could do (extreme power and times with different engine swap).

Well done mate. Really looking forward to seeing what this thing has in store for us into the future.

Chris

he makes it all sound so easy doesn't he?

i've grown up with this car and seen everything john has done to it, there's been a lot of R&D, money, time and effort put into it.

easily competing with the top dollar dragsters in australia with a two man team (john & mechanic) and with a realistic budget!

good luck with 9s dude, will be there when you do!

No no that was quite correct, that was with a full exhaust, running ~5-6psi on 50/50 Pulp/Toluene, shes had a few changes since then :(

Cheers for the comments guys, Much appreciated :(

Rings and bearings should hopefully be here this week, so it looks like we may get a run at Jambo after all, should be interesting.

Im hoping to mate, i wanna come up for it, see u dip into the 9s been a long road since that week in ur pop's shed when we put that motor lol. its an animal now, remember u coming to grips with it being an auto to lol

Yeah for sure dude, i think were gonna be camping out there and when were not ur welcome to stay at mine and the trailer is plenty big while were out there.

Well i got ahold of some hard blok, so the block will be grout filled.. should hopefully have it running sunday, have been some delays with getting the crank ground... the workshop doing it couldnt find any specs on it, but thats all sorted now..

ooooo now were talking full race spec build

half filled or fully filled?

thats gonna need some massive water pump and hi flowing head

you ceramic coating the water galleries for better flow and less cavitation?

Hahaha, its coming its coming, the machinests have beens stuffing around with the crank and block its... still not done, should pick it up tomorrow, wish we had the machines to do it ourselves at our workshop, one day....

Its going to be a full fill and the water will just sit in the heads, it hasnt run a water pump for a while. It runs for less than a minute each pass... its fire it up, burn out, run and shutdown.

With no water pump the temps are no higher than 92 degreese (celcius) shut down at the line and creaps too 110 after heatsoak... Running methanol which cools intake charge temps and a colder combustion (to my understanding?).

for the others,

methanol (100%) is often used in anti-freeze due to its cooling nature, (low freezing point at -80ºC ish)

like you said it is more flammable with a lower flash point:

methanol flash point is around 10-11ºC

and petrol, depending on its mixture would be around the 40-50ºC mark i would guess?

just a bit of background in case anyone was wondering why he's doing what he's doing.