SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

Hey all,

Just an update on whats going on with my car, ive had a shitload of decision changes over the last few months but now its final and the car will be off the road for the next few weeks as of tuesday. Ive gone with the V8 engine. That being a Nissan Infinity Q45 car with a Vh45de, i pick the half cut up on monday. All the measurements were done at the wreckers and it will fit though some new headers will need to be made to clear the chasis rail but extractors where always going on neway so thats no problem.

The engine Standard Makes 280ps or 230kw's at the crank though many say this is under rated by nissan and it actually makes more. Ill be fabricating engine mounts at my dads factory as well as exaust manifolds, twin exaust system and then taking the car home to start on the wiring.

I will also be upgrading the breaks to 33 turbo items with custom made slotted and cross drilled rotors from DBA with my 4 stud pattern so i dont have to buy new rims, The car will remain auto with a stall convertor with the RPM to be discovered later as the car needs to be driven first to see where the best point for the auto to flare will occur. Only other costs other then steel will be a custom tail shaft and the diff is already a turbo item. The cluster will be changed to the infinity item and the nitrous will also be hooked up to this engine.

Ill try keep everyone updated and get a digital camera off a mate as mine decided to die and keep a picture diary as well. Aparently with extractors and some intake mods these engine make around 250kw's at the crank with bucket loads of torque and the best bit is no lag. Future plans for the engine will be a microtech system and blower for some serious fun. The best bit about the whole thing though is that the total cost of the transplant equates to less then the cost of a 25det half cut....

Cheers

John

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Myself and my mechanic, have conducted heaps and heaps of research on a number of possible transplants and this one was the most unique so we went with it. The only possible drama's we can forsee is getting the auto computer to work with existing wiring in the car otherwise i will be changing everything which is not going to be fun.

Auto's are actually much better for drag racing, keeps times very consistant. Although yes i would prefer manual ill just see how it all goes first and recover from the current hole it has already burnt into my pocket.

not getting it too the ground will be the fun part!!

Picked up the half cut today and stuffed around as dad pulled out with letting me use his workshop though luckily my grandad said i could use his so i had to move it about and didnt really get a chance to do nething as i had to do stuff for uni tomorrow as well. Ill make a start tomorrow stripping the half cut and documenting where everything is meant to go and stuff.

Registration is simply a trip to the department of transport after its been engineered for them to sight the engine number. Insurance believe it or not is only 50 bucks extra a year through just cars.

I remember there is an equation based on the weight of the car to what size motor you can fit. Or something like that anyhow.

Hence in the R32 GTS-T you can fit a 2.6litre turbo. 2.6 is the largest legal turbo engine you are allowed to fit.

From memory in NA it was a 3.5ltr or 4.5ltr I can't remember?!?!?

Should be nice though.. Spin a few people out. :)

hey mate the rules in QLD are slightly different, its something like largest NA is something stupid like 6 ltr's and largest forced inducted is a little under 4.5, but what is engineered and mod plated is legal isnt it :) although it wont be force inducted for a while.

haha, find a friend in QLD "move in with them" change ur addy and big v8 or big turbo engine can be done with you as well and u can stay in SA