SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

new update! no stall convertor as of yet, but today i was luckily enough to be an invited guest at the holden hsv club drag day, i made it too the 2nd last round of the street car class and broke out of my 13.5 nominated time and managed a [email protected], now i dont know where that came from as i only had crappy 15inch stocko tyres and even worse no name rubber as i was really only there to do big burnouts! which i did many times over i must add. The interesting thing is there was lots of wheel spin and an earlier run in the day gave me 108mph overl the line so maybe there is a 13.2-13.0 somewhere in the car yet without the stall convertor :)

• 4 weeks later...

well done.....makes my 253 powered C210 look sh!t.......time to spend $$ and get a vq45 of my own.......what does ur car weigh? mine is around the 1100-1200 mark(i think)

Oh BTW there is a r33 somewhere in logan being(or already) built with a 350 chev

so urs isnt the only one...i'll find out more for you

• 4 weeks later...
well done.....makes my 253 powered C210 look sh!t.......time to spend $$ and get a vq45 of my own.......what does ur car weigh? mine is around the 1100-1200 mark(i think)

Oh BTW there is a r33 somewhere in logan being(or already) built with a 350 chev

so urs isnt the only one...i'll find out more for you

don't need to find out more i know the guy and what he has been doing!

that skyline is shanes car the white one with the 350 chev its been in progress for over 2 years and never looked like being finished and also it can't be street registered if he does get it finished so at the moment johns is the only running r33 v8 and also for awhile untill someone copies will eb the only running street registered v8 33

it can't be street registered

why not? the only reason i can see for it not being able to be registered is that he has probably used and engine that is onlder than the car.....get a GENIII, problem solved.......oh.....one other reason, maybe he bought the car in for motorsport purposes, in which case it can never be reassigned as a street car.

why not? the only reason i can see for it not being able to be registered is that he has probably used and engine that is onlder than the car.....get a GENIII, problem solved.......oh.....one other reason, maybe he bought the car in for motorsport purposes, in which case it can never be reassigned as a street car.

its to do with engine size and all of that the capacities of the engine and its not to do with age cause johns engine is a 91 and the car is a 94....

Also depends on state.

In SA from memory the largest engine you can have in a R32 for example is a 4.5ltr.

Turbo.. The largest is a 2.6ltr.

Its got to do with the weight of the car.

There is a calculation some where on SAU. I can't remember which thread though as it was some time ago.

its not to do with age cause johns engine is a 91 and the car is a 94....

yeah, thats what i mean...if it is a 94 car, then the oldest engine he can have is a 94.....the engine must be same or newer.

I still think its possible, ill check some things and get back to ya.......

is it a gtr shell or a gts-t?

Also depends on state.
I realise it varies from state to state, but as cLoWn, the guy with the v8 r33 and I are all in QLD its kinda irrelevant. ;)

yeah, thats what i mean...if it is a 94 car, then the oldest engine he can have is a 94.....the engine must be same or newer.

I still think its possible, ill check some things and get back to ya.......

is it a gtr shell or a gts-t?

johns car hasn't got a newer or same age engine the engine is 3 years older than the car so i can't see how age works! and its a gtst body and they guy shane the guy said he can't get it registered just because of power to weight and engine capacity

• 1 month later...