SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

Sounds pretty damned good.

Sorry to go O/T but could you explain this 12.5 and "front runners" business to me, i briefly looked at the ANDRA regs and found this:

Cars quicker than 12.50 (1/4 mile) using independent front suspension and cross ply rear tyres are not permitted to use radial from tyres."

But I'm afraid i still dont get it. :D

Edited by Oosh

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok ummm, basically all modern street cars use steel belted radials (well most) this is where there are steel belts that are formed in the rubber to hold the tyre together, stop it expanding flexing make it stronger basically.

The slicks (crossplys) instead of using steel belts use Use a nylon? or some sort of material to hold them together..

And i havent yet experienced it but when u run faster with crossplys on the back and radials on the front it makes the car very uncontrollable at high speed.

If that makes any sense?

ok found a place that was overly helpful and they are going to perform valve body mods and manualise my gearbox which should hopefully fix the current dramas... this though will not be done untill after power cruise and possibly autosalon...

Matty Spry from pits.

Just wondering whats the address where Mathew Spry works at ( Pits )

Mathew dynoed my car at chip torque about 3 yrs ago , and was happy with the work he did . Now want to get the rb30de sorted ( tuned )

DON

Edited by dondesoto

Hey champ! just read up on some of your post! car sounds nuts... can you get some video footage of it? :)

I myself am doing a VH45 into my R32 GTS... only i'm staying NA.... going 8 throttle/trumpets etc... should be interesting to see the figures these engines can pull!

Keep us updated with your car... 335rwhp at only 5psi is VERY VERY nice power... i can't imagine the torque it must be making... wheelspin heaven :)

Goodluck,

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds good mate, good luck with that,

Valve body is in adelaide being modified... car is basically finished bar the roll cage and some interior bits... i have finally got a set of front runners for it. so it should be racing at street car shootout saturday week.

Great read mate!!

C4 will break ... but i'm sure the auto guys have already told you that!

They make too much torque!! Well this is what i was told when i went looking for a box for my VH45

I went for the 2 speed powerglide option. Full manualised valve body and transbrake. With a 3500 rpm stall (With 800 flywheel hp)

Interesting you went the supercharger way ... i just didnt have the room for extractors and twin exhausts in my S12 so i was forced to go turbo (not that it was ever going to be a question anyway)

Once again great read!! Whoever the goose is that said you'll regret the microtech ... obviously has NO IDEA ... i'm running one as well mate :D

The only option if you want big power B)

Well done!! Whats it like owning the only decent R33 in australia? (waits for the response :lol: )

Haha cheers for the reply matey, u got ne pics of your car?? sounds like its gonna be a bit of a weapon.

I get the valve body back on tuesday, aswell as a manualised computer thing... apparently its all electronic in this gearbox... ill be taking it too willowbank if it doesnt rain on wedensday to get a bit more of a feel for it before street car shoot out.

Haha cheers for the reply matey, u got ne pics of your car?? sounds like its gonna be a bit of a weapon.

I get the valve body back on tuesday, aswell as a manualised computer thing... apparently its all electronic in this gearbox... ill be taking it too willowbank if it doesnt rain on wedensday to get a bit more of a feel for it before street car shoot out.

You have a PM mate :)

How much did the valve body set you back?

Well we made some more progress.. The gearbox is in Now shift kitted and full manualised... and let me say this is the fcken coolest sh1t since sliced cucumber......

As soon as u touch the stick it fcken slamns into the next gear in an instant of a second, with this who needs manuals...

Neways the results....

Run 1: Half power pass just to make sure it was gonna change gears. 13.0@111MPH short shifting at 5000rpm ....

Run 2: Got a little ambitios as a stalled the car up and the little 4" front runners slid foward through the beams, when i realised what happed and decided to actually leave the line i ended up runnin a super cool 15second pass.

Run 3: A little more conservative as it was going to be my last run of the night and i just wanted to get a time down. So i staged and waited for the other dude to fcuk off so i had no distractions... Powered her up real slow to just above 2000RPM no where near its ~2800RPM stall point, Side stepped the brake, not used to the gear box i was still slightly short shifting it but not b y much and managed a best time of:

12.2@112MPH

Pretty stoked with that for a number of reasons... Its the fastest Blacky has ever gone... I reclaim my title as the fastest TK Member and There is still plenty of time left in...

But for now and for race day on saturday i wont be trying to get every last second ouot of it, but i will just be trying to get it down the track as consistantly as possible.

After this injectorsr will be pulled out and sent away and turned into 750cc Injectors. I will also be running 50% Pump Fuel and 50% Toluene mix giving a much higher octane then it is back down to the coast to play with pulley sizes (boost) and really start to lean on it... I should excpect to see at least 400 odd ponies at the rear tyres which will definately push the car into the good part of the 11's from there well.... I think thats were phase 3 begins

May not be high flowing the injectors just yet if i can get an off the shelf item that would be heaps better...

Boost, we will probably take it up to 10-12psi for now and just see how it goes and what its going to do if nething....

It also went to streetcar shootout on saturday, made the top 8 out of a 70 odd car field and ran its fastest time to date and i still backed off just after 3/4 track.... 12.243@112mph....

You want a price break down...

If u read earlier in this thread youll see the engine conversion itself cost me around 5g's

to supercharger it with all other supporting bits and pieces ive spent around 12g's on it

Add that to the price of a half decent NA 33 and you have relatively cheap drag car...

Mind you the prices i quote dont include any labour at all.... as i did it all myself with the help of a friend.

EDIT: When u consider the GTR that i recently sold... i spent upwards of 20g's on it to get it to the same power and identical qtr mile time.

I think total your still coming in cheaper then a stock 2nd hand 33GTR and i know which i would prefer.

I cant afford those.

Just dropped off some RB25 Turbo injectors to be highflowed. Should have them back tomorrow morning. Ordering a 205Lt drum of Toluene today and the car is booked in on the dyno Saturday morning... so it will be back out to test and tune, fingers crossed next wedensday.

Getting really REALLY excited now.

Its ~60 bucks each to high flow them

The microtech is a custom made jobbo, with a few extra bits and pieces we wanted for racing. Basically an LT10 with on board ignitors and a few other auxilary inputs and outputs.

We are going to do a few tests next week using the two step rev limiter to get launches more consistant.