SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

MSWord mate!

Theo- AFM still isn't maxed out..... MOAR boosts!

Actually, I don't even know if you can max the AFM with a stock turbo- The only ones who have all have h.flows.

Exactly right.

As I said it goes Stock ECU > aftermarket>engine.

So Ign timing is not correct for the engine, but other things like Cams, AFM, and BFS are all able to be seen accurately.

That is how the EMU works, not the HKS. The stock ecu and fcon aren't connected like that, it's more like a love triangle.

Fuelling and timing will be completely different between the two, as will revs etc. As long as you understand the data has been fudged so you don't scare poor Theo again Alex...

Hey... just using the data in front of me to try to interpret the issue. Can't a dude be wrong once in his life? :P

Revs was the same between the to ECUs, Timing wasn't, and fuelling I can't remember if HKS measured pulse width or not. Question Scotty- there are multiple screens to turn O2 feedbacks on within the software. Can the New computer intercept the O2 sensor signal, and apply it to correct teh fuelling, even though Fcon doesn't have a fuel target table?

awesome work today guys! happy the buggs have been addressed, it's strange but the gearbox must learn aswell cos by the time i got home it felt good again.

ahwell atleast we now know that we cant use cypher to check timing or fueling!!!

singles suck balls but it kicked out hard LMAO before i knew it i was at like 45* haha

scotty can i have dibs on your front diff the 3.5's!!!!!!!!

Theo- AFM still isn't maxed out..... MOAR boosts!

Actually, I don't even know if you can max the AFM with a stock turbo- The only ones who have all have h.flows.

I could max mine out with std turbo, but only with 3" intake & a few psi extra boost. Stock intake not so much.

awesome work today guys! happy the buggs have been addressed, it's strange but the gearbox must learn aswell cos by the time i got home it felt good again.

A Bit on that - there is a table within my ECU that lists load(BFS) against RPM to let the ECU communicate with the Auto to tell it what to expect when. I suspect that when you mess round creating different BFS levels the ECU might get a little confused as to what to do with the Auto trans. I don't know if it relearns this behaviour, but I did have to adjust my table to suit new injectors.

I could max mine out with std turbo, but only with 3" intake & a few psi extra boost. Stock intake not so much.

im happy with the 16psi for now and the 2.5" intake, only needs to last another 10,000km and it'll be highflow time!!!

Haha ok let's see how I go. Not ready for the stocker to explode just yet.

nice u can go to 18 like i was before the tune but i dont think there's much gain in it.

even the 16psi drops off at the top end which I dont mind at all its cheep safety LOL

Don't think it did anything on 19psi, that it wouldn't do on 16 psi considering Theos @ low 200s on 98.

I was awd though. ;)

nice u can go to 18 like i was before the tune but i dont think there's much gain in it.

even the 16psi drops off at the top end which I dont mind at all its cheep safety LOL

Of course there is gains, but the rear is very small and restrictive, it won't make good top end power but midrange. It felt very weird going back to the stock turbo after the highflow, I was glad to take it off again actually.

If anything, for safety, you want the boost to be low as the turbo comes on and build slowly to redline. That sharp gain in torque as boost hits is harder on engines than peak power imo but where is the fun in being safe?

Haha ok let's see how I go. Not ready for the stocker to explode just yet.

Mine was perfectly fine for over 4 months at 19, as long as you don't track it you would probably be fine for years, assuming the bearings are ok and you change the oil regularly. Does yours have that M35 jet sounding whine?

Mine was perfectly fine for over 4 months at 19, as long as you don't track it you would probably be fine for years, assuming the bearings are ok and you change the oil regularly. Does yours have that M35 jet sounding whine?

Epic jet whine, so I'm trying to play it safe for a bit. When I'm ready for it to explode I'll wind the boost up.

yep sure does its even better with the suction pipe HEHE :D