SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

i'm finally going to fit my twin 14" thermo fans and remove the engine clutch fan but i'm wondering about what controller to use.........

just a simple thermostat, relay setup or is there a proper fan controller than has a temp display and everything.

cheers :)

Ask Scotty mate, posted something up the other day that Dale just bought and installed. This IIRC: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AFTERMARKET-THERMO-COOLING-FAN-CONTROLLER-2-SENSORS-3-RELAY-ENGINE-GUARDIAN-EG3S-/180968766415?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a22943bcf&_uhb=1

What fan shroud are you using?

i'm finally going to fit my twin 14" thermo fans and remove the engine clutch fan but i'm wondering about what controller to use.........

just a simple thermostat, relay setup or is there a proper fan controller than has a temp display and everything.

cheers :)

The one that I got from Scotty seems fine so far, the only downside to the surface mount thermocouple is just that; it's not in the water.

It does seem accurate; the issue will be ensuring it reads the water temp correctly.

Something with a BSP style thermocouple would be ideal though.

I'm running each fan with its own fused 30A relay (only running 20A fuse per fan though), then triggering those with another relay activated by the controller.

The kit comes with a 60A relay to use; but after seeing my supposedly 40A relay and it's wiring cop a hiding recently; doing them separately is better for peace of mind (unlikely to pop both fuses).

I'd also look at putting a barrier in the shroud between the two fans, so that if you want to switch them separately; you can.

Also, if one fails you won't be pulling dead air through the other fan and back out; rather than through the radiator.

Edited by Daleo

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Violence-Super-Fan-Temp-Controller-3-For-Thermo-Fans-/150937504748?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2324938bec&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1414

That is the one I just bought, it has two sensors and can turn the fans on with either temp I think. Not as good quality as the other one I sold Dale though by the looks of it but I won't know how it works for another few weeks.

fitted the rear chassis brace this morning and done a run through Macquarie Pass and i like it alot, i also adjusted the rear shocks to the same stiffness as the front and what a great result they both made, got rid of the understeering problem i was having so hopefully through the faster corners its alright too!!!

having a 2tonne boat that understeers sucks so now im happy as its given me a bit more confidence in the car as it feels so much better allround!!!

• 2 weeks later...

just done a brake fluid flush with castrol high performance/race Dot 4 fluid and put the track rims on (18" stockies with Federal 595's).

tommorrow i'll get a wheel alighment and get all the parts to fit the power steering cooler............ suggestions welcome, i'll be heading to rocket midday to pick it up.

and still waiting on the sammich plate and then i can buy the rest of the gear to put the oil cooler in aswell ready for the track day on the 1st of Dec!!!!!

busy day tomorrow but luckily its my day off!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

just done a brake fluid flush with castrol high performance/race Dot 4 fluid and put the track rims on (18" stockies with Federal 595's).

tommorrow i'll get a wheel alighment and get all the parts to fit the power steering cooler............ suggestions welcome, i'll be heading to rocket midday to pick it up.

and still waiting on the sammich plate and then i can buy the rest of the gear to put the oil cooler in aswell ready for the track day on the 1st of Dec!!!!!

busy day tomorrow but luckily its my day off!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

I just picked up a small trams cooler, bar and plate, that my local Repco were clearing out.

Apparently bar and plate you can go smaller than tube and fin, so mine is pretty small, just cable tied onto the mesh in the lower part of the aero bar.

Then when we ran the hose to the power steering pump, put this spring stuff on the hose so it would do an almost 90 degree bend without crimping, put joiners in the hose and connected the new hoses to the old.

Easy, and if there's ever a problem I can just disconnect the cooler and reconnect the stock lines.

Cooler got very warm at the last track day but there were no problems at all.

What are you doing for an oil cooler? Got the plate sussed just trying to work out where to mount a cooler, and your config should be the same as mine.