SAU Community

M35 Translated Manual

andynogo

What do you want to do? Just talk to Commsman or Ducati02?

Ryan, I'm flattered you thought I could help ;) . I've been chatting with Andy about speed signals and stereo problems recently.

I think it is the latter that he was hoping he could get more info about by finding the right manual.

I'm pretty sure he's looked at the Japanese and Infinity manuals & still has some questions, but that was where I would have sent him anyway.

Edited by Commsman

Yes I have the japanese manual for the m35 and the english manuals for the g35... but wiring colours and plugs are different between the two. I've been chasing the speed sensor wire for a while and in the G35 it's white with a green tracer at certain points- for example at pin 17 in the top dash display unit. We don't have a wire going to pin 17 on our cars....

The only way to go is an english conversion of the m35 manuals, but I don't really want to fork out the money if it's not detailed- the AV section alone of the jap manual is large with all the diagnostics, which would be handy.

Yes I have the japanese manual for the m35 and the english manuals for the g35... but wiring colours and plugs are different between the two. I've been chasing the speed sensor wire for a while and in the G35 it's white with a green tracer at certain points- for example at pin 17 in the top dash display unit. We don't have a wire going to pin 17 on our cars....

The only way to go is an english conversion of the m35 manuals, but I don't really want to fork out the money if it's not detailed- the AV section alone of the jap manual is large with all the diagnostics, which would be handy.

Hi Andy, you may just have mistyped the pin number above, but in the DI (Driver Information System) manual for the G35 on page DI-14, it says at the back of the combination meter (dash) the terminal number 19 is the "Vehicle speed signal (2-pulse)". Is there a wire at that terminal?

I was looking at this last night, but thought there had to be a better place to pick it up from. What happen to the brown connector? No luck there?

Edited by Commsman

Hi Andy, you may just have mistyped the pin number above, but in the DI (Driver Information System) manual for the G35 on page DI-14, it says at the back of the combination meter (dash) the terminal number 19 is the "Vehicle speed signal (2-pulse)". Is there a wire at that terminal?

I was looking at this last night, but thought there had to be a better place to pick it up from. What happen to the brown connector? No luck there?

Sorry, should have clarified more. The speed signal goes to many places in the g35, one of which is the top a/c display in the middle of the dash. This is the easiest place to get at it if it doesn't appear to be working at the brown plug under the steering wheel (like mine). I really need to chuck a scope on the thing to see if the signal is there or not but am scope-less at the moment. The g35 manual describes a white/green wire at the a/c display and on our cars it's not at that pin. There is a white/green wire there but I'm not willing to take the risk until I've checked it properly.

Going back to the original question of the post- has the m35 manual actually been translated by jpnz? I'm sure I saw it for sale somewhere but on the jpnz site it isn't.

Edit: Found it m35 manual

Edited by andynogo

Sorry, should have clarified more. The speed signal goes to many places in the g35, one of which is the top a/c display in the middle of the dash. This is the easiest place to get at it if it doesn't appear to be working at the brown plug under the steering wheel (like mine). I really need to chuck a scope on the thing to see if the signal is there or not but am scope-less at the moment. The g35 manual describes a white/green wire at the a/c display and on our cars it's not at that pin. There is a white/green wire there but I'm not willing to take the risk until I've checked it properly.

Going back to the original question of the post- has the m35 manual actually been translated by jpnz? I'm sure I saw it for sale somewhere but on the jpnz site it isn't.

wow awsome has any one actually seen this??? is it good???

ive been going threw the jap manual in pdf format copying the text pasting it on a web site that converts it, it works but is just a pain in the ass,

I should have known you'd be all over this. I didn't see that it also appeared above the AC. That's an easier place to find it than behind actual dash display. I've got a speedo correction device I've been meaning to fit. I'll see if I can find a wire that works & let you know.

I wonder if you get the full manuals translated for your ~$140 (there's an awful lot of them for the M35) or a cut down version?

Shaun, I too had started doing this & I agree, what a pain. It's better than nothing I guess but I think I'd rather buy the manual, if it's any good.

Edited by Commsman

I think I might get one ,

Considering want to add speed correct , get the cruise control working

And put in a 2 way alarm with remote start and window up

Plus would be good for future incase mechanical issues ,or such things,

I should have known you'd be all over this. I didn't see that it also appeared above the AC. That's an easier place to find it than behind actual dash display. I've got a speedo correction device I've been meaning to fit. I'll see if I can find a wire that works & let you know.

I wonder if you get the full manuals translated for your ~$140 (there's an awful lot of them for the M35) or a cut down version?

Shaun, I too had started doing this & I agree, what a pain. It's better than nothing I guess but I think I'd rather buy the manual, if it's any good.

Can I ask what device u got , as will be looking for one soon ,

Yeah, I bought a heap of their kits a while back as I think they're (mostly) great value & I love DIY :)

I'll let you know how it goes if I can get time to put it in.

Nice

Yes I've had a few off there kits, had the electronic boost controller , air fuel controller and the hand controller in my old car didn't get it working but I just gave up to quick , now I got a lil more knowledge I think it would be easier ,