SAU Community

Build Thread: Adam's Nissan Stagea C34

Run-It-Hard

Quick question for all the manual converted guys..

What speed sensor are you using, I've read the standard auto one works fine in GTR boxes ... although it's shorter in length?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers!

Quick question for all the manual converted guys..

What speed sensor are you using, I've read the standard auto one works fine in GTR boxes ... although it's shorter in length?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers!

I'm using the standard auto one in a 32 GTR box, no idea about the length though as it wasn't me who put it in.

Car is coming along great too, you have done more in a few weeks than I have in years lol

use standard auto one as i and dream 15 did when we did are manual conversions.

run it hard isnt this the second manual conversion "parts" youve had i think dream 15 bought your last one off you ??? reckon you sell more parts than most import wreckers lol . looks like yove had heaps done to your car over last few weeks, going well keep us posted how ya go.

Cheers for the quick replies guys! Looks like I'm boned, pretty sure Anth scrapped my auto box with the sender in it ... f**k!

I did sell my first conversion kit last year, He bought my E-manage Ulitmate too? How did it all go out of curiousity?

Haha yep it's all coming together now, been mega busy these past few weeks. Oh, more news my wheels have landed in Aus, I'm expecting to have them in my hands tomorrow then I'll put some tyres on them and chuck them on the car!

3 days left till departure till Coffs Habour, and the car still isn't tuned ... not looking good.

Anywhos, had a chance to play around with the Viennas over the weekend, should fit well .. need more time to f**k around with them but it seems like that'll be a luxury.

384366_429224183793402_194335089_n.jpg

CUTTING IT CLOSE

stanced-Stagea.jpg

The original plan for the Stagea was to be completed and tuned on Monday, however when has anything in my possession gone to plan?

There have been many setbacks with the mods planned on my Stagea, but one in particular almost destroyed our plans to attend the Raleigh drift event this weekend. This was the “incredible” Nissan Anti Theft System, also known as NATS.

In a nutshell NATS is a immobilizer system that taps into the OEM ECU, in most cases an aftermarket ECU will over-ride NATS due to not having a circuit board that contains it. Although NATS still worked its magic on my Stagea, deeming it impossible to start.

To make matters worse, Anth couldn’t find any information on the Stagea’s NATS and having never dealt with such a thing before, he was “Up shit creek, using my fingers as a paddle”.

But in the end, the magician made it all work. The Stagea is alive and ready for a tune.

After tune, the finishing touches will be applied and then I’ll get an alignment right before heading up to Coffs Harbour. Talk about cutting it close!

Thanks Dale!

Raleigh's been and gone. The Stagea didn't make it and Benny blew a coilpack on the Saturday.

So we treated it like a holiday, chilled out on the beaches and shit. Took pics of all the cars cuttin' sick and all that shit.

I believe the car is getting tuned today, been many more setbacks.

Cheers fellas!

No more pics of it at this stage, haven't seen the car since I took that photo :(

Balls crossed I get it back today, still got quite a bit of shit I need to do before it's ready for some drifting.

THE JOURNEY TO RALEIGH

On-the-road.jpg

The weekend was near, which ment Benny Julie and I were frantically preparing for our road trip up north, to attend the AE86 Driving club, Drift fest at Raleigh raceway.

As usual, my plans didn’t come together and I didn’t end up taking the Stagea (missing events is starting to become a trend for me). Luckily, Benny had his Stagea so carrying tyres, tools and spares wasn’t an issue.

Due to the setbacks my Stagea had, we left Sydney late Friday afternoon, which ment we arrived in Coffs Harbour just before mid-night. We were knackered from the somewhat 600km drive, so shortly after finding our resort we crashed out.

Raleigh-raceway-entrance-sign.jpg

Saturday morning at the crack of dawn, we were out of bed and getting ready to head out to Raleigh Raceway … roughly 25km south of Coffs Harbour.

The entrance to Raleigh was confusing at first, there was a long stretch of road that went through acreage. There were plenty of cows and horses near by too. We all thought we had taken a wrong turn. But we went on.

A few minutes later, we were greeted by the Raleigh raceway entrance, we were defiantly in the right spot.

Raleigh-raceway.jpg

Getting closer and closer to the track, we could all hear the unmistakable sound of individual throttle body induction noise, and tyres squealing their heads off.

We had arrived, the AE86DC Drift fest was well underway.

Benny-R33.jpg

As usual, Benny wasted no time unpacking and getting out on the track. I jumped in the passenger seat, eager to see first-hand what this track was like.

It’s a tight layout with minimal run-off, and is great for lower powered cars. It really made me miss my MX5, it would have been perfect for such a place.

stuffed-coil-pack1.jpg

Halfway through the day, Benny’s Skyline developed a constant misfire so we let it cool off and had some lunch.

After chilling out for a bit we kicked over the engine and the misfire was still present, so we started to diagnose what the problem could be.

The result, Benny blew a coilpack. With no spares and the car running on 5 cylinders, it was the end of his weekend of drifting.

He was pretty devo (as you would be) so we chilled out at the track a little longer, then packed up and headed to the resort for the day.

Asahi.jpg

So from this point, our priorities had changed. We treated this road-trip like a holiday now. So we chilled out on the beach and drank Asahi for most of it.

passing-by.jpg

At a blink of an eye, it was time to head back to Sydney. Although things didn’t work out for Benny or myself, we still made the most of it.

74746_434388963276924_1447355019_n.jpg

Well Matsuri is done and dusted and damn it was some good fun!

My boat didn't make it so I focused on Julie getting as much practice as she good. Since her last visit to wakefield she's improved 10-fold.

I was chuffed that she let me drive the S14 too, I was taking it pretty easy though as if I f**ked something up my balls would be on the line :lol:

Rad car, do want.

Cool seeing a few other guys out there, though I didn't get to talk to any of you :( (Party cat, Sweefu etc). Was busy making sure the cars were tip-top ha.

In news relating to my boat.

I've ordered a new turbro, and I replaced the front housing on my diff, had about 4 cracks in the old one =/ I think I'll be replacing my solid diff mounts for GKtech items, they look like they utilize stock nuts, wheres the one I has use a lug with extended thread to seat inside the solid bush. Lining it all up is a major pain in the ass.

Scrubbed through my wiring harness in the guard last night after getting petty, gotta fix that up too. Raised it 15mm all round so I could get to work :lol:

What else, changing rear tyre size from 245 to 235 to minimize camber, and maybe MAYBE if this turbo arrives I might make it out to EC for my birthday lol. Would be a nice present.

Driving impressions, Manual + Stagea = Awesometown! The car is a slug with a duma'd turbo but still it should be super fun to drive.

I'm getting used to the locker now too and I hated it at first. Stop start sucks major cock, but other then that it's bearable. Does what it needs to do too so that's what counts.

ditch the the standard g sensor and put in a full race ets pro from the states. makes mine driving with a locker a breeze very responsive unit so controls 4wd that quickly that front wheels pull car round corner making locked diff very puttable up with. you think a stock stag manual is fun try a mid 300kw one switch to rwd at a flick of a switch and heaps of fun

G sensor is gone.

I haven't driven it in AWD since the first week I bought it :lol:

I don't think it's fun atm, it's pretty f**king boring, but hey in a few weeks that'll change.

59604_434489846600169_1092750446_n.jpg

Took this pic yesterday, hopefully sort out ride height and camber this weekend.

Edited by Run-It-Hard