SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

So, i was sick of the stickers from the dodgy paint so i figured i would pull the stickers off and just put some white vinyl or something over them to look clean from a distance, BUT that didnt exactly go to plan so now i need the bonnet resprayed properly :dry: I was planning on going to a Blits bonnet and getting it painted but i dont have the time now so ill just get the heavy ass steel one done....

Although its a pain in the ass at least the shitty HT sticker is now off! No more laughter from a certain DVS man! :nyaanyaa:

kmjJWl.jpg

GBjJMl.jpg

v17xwl.jpg

1Zc4Nl.jpg

So the bonnet is going to the shop tonight, fingers crossed itll all be complete and back on by Thursday!

Bahahahaha

At least it's still shiny

You buffed it to bare metal man! :P Nah all good, it will look heaps better with the paint fixed! Its still pretty shiny thanks to you!

now i see why you need your bonnet painted lol

Told you it was bad :P

Removed it at 5.30pm, at panel shop at 6, work commenced at 6.15pm!! Love it.... Bare metal Respray and some dents to be fixed too :yes:

So bonnet is off and it is down with the painter for repairs, he noticed 2 minor dents which ive never seen and also suggested we respray the lip. He is going out of his way to work on it of a night for me which i am really grateful for especially given the Thursday deadline....

CBwN4l.jpg

GU9ssl.jpg

GREX oil cooler block with Thermostat has been ordered thanks to the help of Dean for locating it for me!! Will run custom black braided lines and speedflow fittings for the stealth factor :ph34r:

always seems to be some old V8 around, what tyres you using on the rear? would it smoke more if the tyre was soft compound, im trying to figure out how to make the most smoke when i do a burnout at the drags next, smoking out the spectators would be a awesome feat :yes:

Edited by SliverS2

always seems to be some old V8 around, what tyres you using on the rear? would it smoke more if the tyre was soft compound, im trying to figure out how to make the most smoke when i do a burnout at the drags next, smoking out the spectators would be a awesome feat :yes:

Yeah soft tyres should be better for smoke.... They are just 275/35/18 Nexans.... No grip lol

But they would pump smoke of you have good wheel speed and stay stationary, that was peeling smoke while moving at a fair pace.... There is a video coming from a car behind on one of the laps so I'll finally see how much it made lol...

• 2 weeks later...

how was power cruise mate?!

Wow i have been slack with updates..... Had fuel pressure issues but was still good fun, heaps of video on Daves phone and also Sams Go Pro, just need to get it uploaded...... Here are some pics -

4w8XCl.jpg

d06gjl.jpg

n8J0Xl.jpg

i0dwNl.jpg

So the night before Powerplay we decided an Oil Cooler should be on the cards so we made one up -

ZN9oXl.jpg

MVBcxl.jpg

GUwz0l.jpg

FANukl.jpg

It is sitting nice and high out of harms way but will need some finishing touches like ducting etc, the oil temps are good on the track the way it is so i am pretty happy overall.