SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

The cars first trip to work since all of the crap thats happened -

D9IWul.jpg

The car still has issues that will be sorted this week prior to its first cruise on Sunday, this will be a good chance to bed in the clutch too!

Ill update soon when i know more, so far this morning i have cleaned the billet fuel filter and it was fine.

I got the new venom cat welded up at MT FAB next to work, the only problem is it sits a bit higher and taps the floor on bigger bumps so will need to do some adjustment -

sUDJal.jpg

Rear gearbox seal is not done hence the reason the cover is also not fitted.

Sitting higher is a good thing! Just bolt on a piece of flat steel between the flange on the cat and that gearbox mount, that'll stop it from moving :thumbsup:

Sitting higher is a good thing! Just bolt on a piece of flat steel between the flange on the cat and that gearbox mount, that'll stop it from moving :thumbsup:

Good point! Thanks man!

Carline Mufflers

Powercruise 1 Day Powerplay #11

Sydney Motorsport Park

3rd November 2012

:banana: Entrant #167 :banana:

However i dont like this part -

We’d also like to advise all entrants that the police will have a presence outside of the venue, therefore if you are driving

an illegal or defective vehicle you can expect the same treatment as you would receive on any other road. So we suggest

that if your vehicle is defective that you trailer it to and from the event. The public will be safer and you could save $$ in

fines, so be a sport and don’t take the risk.

:rant: :rant: :rant: Nice way to encourage people to keep it off the street ya clowns :rant: :rant: :rant:

Does it ever?

Well havent really driven the car as its pemanantly broken :laugh: BUT should be driving it lots soon! Time to find an engineer!! :woot:

Started playing with the program but its over my head so i uploaded the Safe Tune and will leave it at that! Has a Data Logger section etc but no idea how it works

V9Ilil.jpg

They say the same thing on all their events man, really it's just a "police may or may not be there, probably will, just letting you know so you don't cry to us if you get busted".

Hey guys,

Rear gearbox seal is all done -

c7chUl.jpg?1

k1GCJl.jpg

wKMZXl.jpg

I had a temporary hub seal in the box as i went to every bloody parts place on the planet (possible exaggeration) and found its genuine only, even after Repco assured me another store had one which i drove 40mins from that store to another only to find it was about the size of the damn rear main! Clowns :dry:

So Jim Berry sussed one for me from his Nissan guy which made my life much easier, he has some of the best customer service i've ever experianced! If you want a serious clutch from a true car enthusiast then give Race Clutch a call!

I had to get the seal done for the trip to JEM!

So as usual DVS JEZ was super helpful and willing to help over the phone or take a look if needed which i really appreciated! I checked the billet fuel filter and the pump sock and although it wasnt really clean it didnt seem to be a major drama even though the car felt like it had fuel pressure problems...... So i got it the best i could and randomly decided ROAD TRIP :woot: which was then followed by break down :(

So JEM got my car picked up and in the shop for the Guru to work his magic, it is so impressive to watch him work (poor basterd had me breathing over his shoulder, would not be a pretty sight) and we checked the fuel pressure with the Hektic gauge that made me look like a VN on its way to summernats :P

8VKqnl.jpg

A quick drive with Adam and some laptop work and it was put down to the injectors, impressive to see the extent of the knowledge and i felt privalidged to learn along the way as i love being involved! So the injectors were removed and sent off for cleaning, the results were dirty! Very dirty.... Number 1 was nearly a write off at one stage!

O1A5cl.jpg

With everything cleaned and re-assembled it was time for the test...... Gate pressure tested OK (Too my surprise it broke traction with the 275's and pulled real hard! 320ish kw).... Then low boost was tested and i basically said something along the lines of "Holy f**k" (This is around 340kw) as i had not felt the car pull like that and was surprised.... It loved baking tyres! So then we checked high boost and although the pressure was safe it was still flickering a bit which apparently is the 044 pump at its limit!

It is going back on the Dyno on 2nd November as well as get a full check over for Powerplay, i do a lot of work myself but its always good to have someone else check especially when it gets to high speeds DAMN quick.... For now i am super happy with the car and as ALWAYS cant than JEM enough! Adam, Dean, Bobby and the mechanics are brilliant, always willing to go that extra mile and my car was a priority yesterday even when we realised it was after 6pm! It is awesome and i cant wait to have the car back there for more!