SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

I think the angle of the photo is misleading, from memory the tapped hole is the same depth as the captive nut. We drilled into the rail itself, so the tapped hole does have a good 15mm of thread.

Point noted though, I will double check. The car is off the road at the moment, so I will pull one of the seats out and double check how it was done.

Edited by Hanaldo

Fair enough, sometimes pics don't tell the full story, and I don't doubt you would be looking for the proper solution. :thumbsup:

I'll stop stinking up Matt's build thread now.

• 1 month later...

Hmm well i have been offline for a long time and this thread is seriously lacking updates, there have been very few things happening as i have been busy with buying a house, renovating an old house and a nice old week in hospital in the middle of it all just for good measure! Ill do my best to get back up to speed with updates once i get some time!

I have had HEAPS of PM's while i have been offline and i hope i answered them all... If not, hit me up with questions :D

I have NOT fitted the seats, i will continue to work that out once i relocate! The new house has a nice new shed for the 34 to live in so it will have plenty of updates on a regular basis once we are in there, for now i am just flat out!

Just incase any of you forgot how sexy the HTA is, here is a reminder lol -

IMG_6592_zpsd5809834.jpg

Also, since now being tuned on E85 so i can run United or Caltex i have been using both and loving it -

IMG_6589_zps03c63dc1.jpg

A few people have asked what tyres i will be running, i am still on the el cheapo RSR for now, so now Carmen has made it so people will know :P -

24434b07-fed7-4d30-981c-820598777069_zps

These tyres will be flipped on the rims as they have severe camber and alignment wear haha

I got the GKTECH offer via email so couldnt resist grabbing one of their fans to try out, mine is the original and has some small cracks so if no improvement at least i know its a fresh fan and being black it will fit the whole theme anyway -

ebc612a7-6c1c-4e5c-b234-ba8fc5fecf93_zps

Dat Radiator stands out. You should pull the engine out, pain the bay black and the radiator black...... Stealth like :ph34r:... apart from that turbo LOL

Looks amazing though nice job!

Edit: how much of a pain is it cleaning that thing?

Edited by Anfanee

Dat Radiator stands out. You should pull the engine out, pain the bay black and the radiator black...... Stealth like :ph34r:... apart from that turbo LOL

Looks amazing though nice job!

Edit: how much of a pain is it cleaning that thing?

Lol too much effort :P Turbo is stock....... Officer! :ph34r:

Cleaning? I dont clean it haha.... It just gets a wipe over when i finish working on it mate!

Some random videos i have since last post....

Nothing too exciting but hopefully we will have plenty of footage from SMSP on the 28th if i pull my finger out and get the car ready...

And the reason for being so busy, Carmen and I have purchased this new place together and cant wait to get in... I will slowly setup my workshop so the 34 will no longer sit neglected like it has lately.... The house is also the reason the car will not be attending the SAU Nationals this year, we were really looking forward to having a crack but unfortunately due to the timing i cannot do both, but i am certainly not complaining as the house is a priority for us and will allow me to have somewhere to get the car ready for future events -

main_zps57ac4e86.jpg

image12_zps5cd61aa7.jpg

image11_zps20c4d245.jpg

IMG_6485_zps425547b6.jpg

We only need to complete the concrete and some small fence work and the place will be complete and exactly what we always wanted! Exciting stuff!

• Like 1

New house looks really nice mate. I think I'm about at that stage myself. Will fix the misfire, get my tune finished off and will keep working with my tuner to see if we can sort out the problem it has. Maybe some small things here and there, but other than that it's probably time to grow up and save for a house :/

New house looks really nice mate. I think I'm about at that stage myself. Will fix the misfire, get my tune finished off and will keep working with my tuner to see if we can sort out the problem it has. Maybe some small things here and there, but other than that it's probably time to grow up and save for a house :/

Thanks mate, we have both been working VERY hard for the past 12mths and will continue to do so to get the place :D It will be so rewarding upgrading from what we have had for the past few years (Well 12mths for Carmen hehe)...

Will be good to get your beast finally sorted man! Good to see it getting there though :yes: its been a long road!

Yeah well I feel like it's closer to where I want it to be at least! And my tuner has taken an interest in it and is quite keen to see it running properly so I feel like it isn't a hopeless case haha.

Also, good stuff on converting to the purple side! :D I love the stuff. Not sure where you get yours from, but performancelub has the cheapest prices on it that I have found.

Yeah well I feel like it's closer to where I want it to be at least! And my tuner has taken an interest in it and is quite keen to see it running properly so I feel like it isn't a hopeless case haha.

Also, good stuff on converting to the purple side! :D I love the stuff. Not sure where you get yours from, but performancelub has the cheapest prices on it that I have found.

Ah sweet! Good to hear...

Yep ill do that on the next round mate, i wanted mine short notice so JEM sent it too me lolz....