SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

34GTR front end is awesome!

Certainly look tough and love the fact the front guards accomodate such large rims..... I considered it a while back but it hard to do to a GTT and do it right, you really have to do the rear guards etc to make it looked balance and its big $$$, ill just stick with what i have and make it work the best i can :D

Tractor is out of place in those pics.

Suppose they used it to tow all those broken cars out to the carpark?

Haha that is one tractor i am NOT picking on, it has way more bragging rights and power than ill ever have :P

Oh no picks of my blue beast that was on the hoist. Looking good.

And yes you definitely need to sort some sort of heat sheild before SMSP :P

Lol i dont want to have everyone looking at your beast and not mine :P

Yeah i guess it hasnt been punished for prolonged periods other than the dyno so will see how it hold up with the heat i guess!

Lol i dont want to have everyone looking at your beast and not mine :P

Yeah i guess it hasnt been punished for prolonged periods other than the dyno so will see how it hold up with the heat i guess!

Sort it out.

You will melt shit and be put out of the track day otherwise- take it from my experience. Have a look right round teh hot side on the chassis, and cover any loom, pipes, harness, P/S and whatever else you don't want to toast. Mine melted cops tail conduit stuff straight off, started toasting the wiring loom, and I got a misfire. That was with a Beanie on the turbz. High mounts throw heat big time.

Sort it out.

You will melt shit and be put out of the track day otherwise- take it from my experience. Have a look right round teh hot side on the chassis, and cover any loom, pipes, harness, P/S and whatever else you don't want to toast. Mine melted cops tail conduit stuff straight off, started toasting the wiring loom, and I got a misfire. That was with a Beanie on the turbz. High mounts throw heat big time.

What did you use to cover all your looms etc?

Mine has melted all the plastic hose connectors and black sheathing already! You know, coz racecar!

What did you use to cover all your looms etc?

Mine has melted all the plastic hose connectors and black sheathing already! You know, coz racecar!

Dunno - haven't sorted it yet.

At the track Eric put a redbull can over the loom, no shit. Sorted it for the day.

I have a sheet of aluminiumised fibreglassy stuff- thats what I'll probably use, wrap it up. I don't want to cut up one of those nice slip on hose protectors.

I don't want to cut up one of those nice slip on hose protectors.

This is what I did, works fine.

Would have used some sheet, but I had to buy half a meter of the sleeve to do my 10cm turbo oil return pipe, so I had plenty left over. Just sliced it in half, wrapped up my cables, and cable tied it together. No problems thus far, though I don't have a high mount...

Dunno - haven't sorted it yet.

At the track Eric put a redbull can over the loom, no shit. Sorted it for the day.

I have a sheet of aluminiumised fibreglassy stuff- thats what I'll probably use, wrap it up. I don't want to cut up one of those nice slip on hose protectors.

Hmmm well another thing on the To Do list!

This is what I did, works fine.

Would have used some sheet, but I had to buy half a meter of the sleeve to do my 10cm turbo oil return pipe, so I had plenty left over. Just sliced it in half, wrapped up my cables, and cable tied it together. No problems thus far, though I don't have a high mount...

Is there any black heat shield crap i can cut up and use to stay with the whole stealth theme?

I know there are a couple of things that need wrapping!