SAU Community

R32 Collection

EXEMPT

I know boss its getting all crunched up at the moment an producing a lovely amount of axel trans? I think that's what it's called

Tramp, well thats what i know it as. The biggest thing it affects is the bump stear which will make the car very unpredictable. again your choice but i ran mine at optimal height and never had the thing do anything unexpected.

Keep it low and once its out of your system you will see the difference.

pushrod v8.. you know you want one

i changed to an east/west 6 cycl na all wheel drive and couldnt be happier. nothing wrong with a v8 (had a calais once) but just dont like the aust cars. Would consider one of the new ford supercharged v8 things (GS?) but thats just because its go silly power from fact and with little to no help gets tons more.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tramp, well thats what i know it as. The biggest thing it affects is the bump stear which will make the car very unpredictable. again your choice but i ran mine at optimal height and never had the thing do anything unexpected.

Keep it low and once its out of your system you will see the difference.

Yeah I have to take the coilovers out to get the yellow of so I will definitely be raising it up. Will also make it easier on changing wheels up at the track so I don't have to cart pine blocks around with me :)

I've got a bit of axle tramp when dropping the clutch in the wet at low rpm, once she's running again I need to get a pro to have a look.

Got my freshly machined crank, bearings, Reimax oil pump gears, new timing belt and oil pump gasket ready to go, just waiting on access to the workshop!

I like budget. It is my favourite. I went up to the track and one of the trainers was like you need this this this and this and then he was like it's only gonna cost $1200. That is like my yearly centrelink salary :\

centrelink blow big chunks. We applied to have rent assistance (along with other stuff when i lost my job) and we were only going to get 10% of the rent back!!!! so out of $200 a week they said it was fair to get $20 extra. no wonder people cant afford to buy food each week.

on topic,

what did they tell you to get griff? did you find a r32 mani?

centrelink blow big chunks. We applied to have rent assistance (along with other stuff when i lost my job) and we were only going to get 10% of the rent back!!!! so out of $200 a week they said it was fair to get $20 extra. no wonder people cant afford to buy food each week.

on topic,

what did they tell you to get griff? did you find a r32 mani?

Steering rack spacers, rear camber arms, castor rods, those solid bushes for the rear subframe and something that adjusts toe? I can't quite remember exactly what it was :)

I just ended up doing a botch job on the mani and drilling out one of the holes so it would fit on nice and snug.

Wasn't really to worried about it because as soon as the yellow comes off the mani with the gate flange will be going back on.

Steering rack spacers, rear camber arms, castor rods, those solid bushes for the rear subframe and something that adjusts toe? I can't quite remember exactly what it was :)

I just ended up doing a botch job on the mani and drilling out one of the holes so it would fit on nice and snug.

Wasn't really to worried about it because as soon as the yellow comes off the mani with the gate flange will be going back on.

you can get adj. bushes instead of complete arms. they should do you till you get better and will cost less. i would suggest caster rods but again the bushes are fine everthing else is nice but not essentual till later.

cool as long as it works till then you are laughing.

you can get adj. bushes instead of complete arms. they should do you till you get better and will cost less. i would suggest caster rods but again the bushes are fine everthing else is nice but not essentual till later.

cool as long as it works till then you are laughing.

Yeah I'm thinking about just saving the money and getting arms so in the long run its cheaper but I have to get it back over the pits first hahadomokun.gif

I'm not having to much trouble with it at the moment but I just want more lock and a bit more traction whistling.gif

MOAR TRACTION?:laugh:

Rebuilt the bottom end on the weekend and drop the engine back in the car, now to hook back up all the wiring and piping.. if the weather holds off and nothing else pops up, should be driving by the weekend :banana:

Rebuilt the bottom end on the weekend and drop the engine back in the car, now to hook back up all the wiring and piping.. if the weather holds off and nothing else pops up, should be driving by the weekend :banana:

Yeah I need to start thinking about building up more speed and a bit quicker so I can get longer slides happening :P

Keen for a noob to come down watch you doing the wiring?

Yeah I'm thinking about just saving the money and getting arms so in the long run its cheaper but I have to get it back over the pits first hahadomokun.gif

I'm not having to much trouble with it at the moment but I just want more lock and a bit more traction whistling.gif

Bushes will be fine, dont cheap out on the arms get very good ones that can be serviced.

:cheers: fingers crossed.

Yeah I need to start thinking about building up more speed and a bit quicker so I can get longer slides happening :P

Keen for a noob to come down watch you doing the wiring?

If you want to come learn some stuff and lend moral support, I'll be trying to spend a couple of hours each night after work on it :thumbsup:

Bushes will be fine, dont cheap out on the arms get very good ones that can be serviced.

:cheers: fingers crossed.

Thanks mate!

If you want to come learn some stuff and lend moral support, I'll be trying to spend a couple of hours each night after work on it :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me :)

You still have my number from way back? Probably lost in your PM's due to the fact that you are a mod and receive all kinds of important things these days domokun.gif

Glad to hear it's coming along Bubba. I've cleaned my garage out and moved stuff i wanted to keep into the shed, threw out 2 trailer loads of "crap" just gota put the wheels on the car and move her into the shed to start playing

Cheers mate! Bet you'll be happy to start tinkering on the old girl again :P

I'm itching to go home and work on mine.. stupid day jobs :( Also need a 26 p/s pump bracket otherwise I'll be getting a massive workout driving around town :laugh: stupid ATI balancers :dry: