SAU Community

R32 Collection

EXEMPT

Nice one chris but get that bumper painted! :P

yeah, will get onto it when more pressing issues like coolant leaks are all fixed, chasing my tail with the plethora of heater hoses under the inlet manifold, fix one then another leaks, time to order a silicon kit & replace the lot i think

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys hoping for a bit of a thread revival, as its good to just have a flick through and see whats arround. Anyone picked up a new car (R32 obviously) or major mods or changes to you current car?

Picked my new beasty up on Monday evening smile.gif

Fairly sure i saw you down at the Plex a few wednesday nights ago? possibly on the 11th?

Well heres a few pics of my Shitter, slowly coming along droped the motor in to see how much room i have to play with etc, plenum fouls on the clutch master cylinder :( so im not sure if i can find a more compact master cyl or modify plenum (dont want to) if anybody has fitted a plasmaman plenum on a neo in a 32 and has any advise feel free to shout out :)

Obviously a long way to go, will require custom pipework etc, but its a good feeling seeing the engine sitting in the car. rather than an empty shell collecting dust in the shed.

R32April2012006.jpgR32April2012011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 25 in my garage collecting dust at the moment because I'm still waiting on a gearbox. Mostly due to me being lazy and only just going out and getting a proper job but there is literally none around for sale. And when there was I had no money because I was to busy smoking ciggies and drinking export (yes I realise it's cheap but there is only so much you can buy on a centrelink budget)

Alternatively, you could give up smoking and drinking and save money :P

But fair enough, I've got a RB30E stored away until I actually get an import. Or Datsun :P

Dont get into this section much, but since I'm having trouble making decisions i shall ask for some advice.

So basically I've decided instead of buying another car I'm going to build my street 32 up, but....

I'm torn between the idea of a 30/25 or just a 25.

I'll have anywhere up to 10k to spend on the project and I'm aiming for around 400hp.

I basically need reasons why or why not for either of the engine options.

Any help would be great guys!

R32April2012006.jpgR32April2012011.jpg

Personaly id go back to a std one however you could remove the booster or get a pedal box. Both of these options will make it feel harder to brake and are not best for a street car but are do-able

Bit of an update. Goes way quicker than before. motor.jpg

Man thats taking weight reduction to the extreem!

Personaly id go back to a std one however you could remove the booster or get a pedal box. Both of these options will make it feel harder to brake and are not best for a street car but are do-able

Cheers for the reply though a bit late haha, It was the clutch master that was the problem not brake, ended up going and getting and R33 clutch master off mayhem (always helpfull) and that basicly sits an inch further into the firewall giving me an extra inch of clearance for the plenum.

Cheers for the reply though a bit late haha, It was the clutch master that was the problem not brake, ended up going and getting and R33 clutch master off mayhem (always helpfull) and that basicly sits an inch further into the firewall giving me an extra inch of clearance for the plenum.

lol sorry read it as brake not clutch *facepalm*

You should see how fast I can push it now. I'm a serious contender for the Stawell Gift next year.

Oh and it is extreme by the way :)

extreme to the max???

Good to see some 32's getting some work done to them, don't see many down here anymore. Did spot a 32GTR chasing a S15 yesterday though.

Mine on the other hand is moving slowly, Work is way to busy to make any progress on her

• 3 weeks later...

just a couple pics of wat my machine is lookin lyk now =D

post-89057-0-54791000-1338205168_thumb.jpg

post-89057-0-55754200-1338205277_thumb.jpg

post-89057-0-50810300-1338206396_thumb.jpg

post-89057-0-98893100-1338206434_thumb.jpg

just a quick profile on it :)

its currently running 220rwhp (164.5 rwkw) only power mods are rb25 turbo, nistune ecu, K&N pod an 3inch cat back exhaust everything else is stock or to look pretty aha