SAU Community

R32 Collection

EXEMPT

Fairly sure i saw you down at the Plex a few wednesday nights ago? possibly on the 11th?

Yeah that was me actually, btw. Bit of a long overdue reply lol :P. It needs moar 16" semi race tyres instead of 17 low profiles. 60' times were crappppp!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone.

Haven't posted in a while and there has been a fair amount of progress on my little piggy.

So basically bought "what I thought was a bog stock 25". Turned out it pretty much was except for the Exedy brass button clutch. Decided that it wouldn't stand up to the constant abuse from my shit driving so purchased one of these bad boys.

clutchbox.jpg

It's an xtreme drift clutch kit minus the flywheel because I wasn't happy with the info that I grabbed from everyone about the lightened flywheel. So decided to get the standard flywheel machined up all nice and pretty. Replaced all exhaust studs, water pump, rear main, both cam seals, crank seal, rocker cover gaskets and washers and put in a gates racing timing belt for an added 37 and a half hp. Everything except the timing belt was genuine and crack priced, but big ups to Steve at Northside Nissan for his help. That guy knows way to much about skyline parts.

IMG_1989.jpg

Had the rocker covers robo washed by a mate and then gave them a lick of hi temp paint to make them look standard but clean ready for pits and then chucked them on. Came up a treat. Very gingerly placed the exhaust manifold on :| and then on went the standard turbo with all the standard lines apart from the drain which I replaced. Then it was time for the magic to happen. Clutch when on with little to no problems which was great then followed by the box. This is the guy that bought Jimmah's Laurel so I think he is entitled to look a little crazy sometimes.

IMG_2000.jpg

In went the donk. Went in surprisingly easy and bolted straight up to the 34 cross member.

IMG_2008.jpg

And as it sits now. It has a new heart, it isn't beating yet but it's in there.

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

/CSB

Edited by Grifforelli