SAU Community

Sau Vic Tv...

htial

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found a subtitling program that I think is simple enough for me to use and will also work with YouTube. I've added half the subtitles to the S'n'S vid so if you can check it out and let me know what you think. I'll do the rest when I've had a little sleep and haven't been drinking as much.

Also. Feel free to go back and transcribe any of the older videos into a text file and then I'll add them to the vids. I'll even give you credit in there for helping out. :thumbsup:

Hey Laith,

The captioning looks good but I've noticed spelling mistake there and there not sure if it's what they said or what you hear when you're bit drunk (or whatever!). Was it hard to do?

How do I do transcribe older videos into text file, PM me if it's easier.

Hey Laith,

The captioning looks good but I've noticed spelling mistake there and there not sure if it's what they said or what you hear when you're bit drunk (or whatever!). Was it hard to do?

How do I do transcribe older videos into text file, PM me if it's easier.

It was about 1am last night when I sat down and started working on them. I've never been very good at spelling. So drinking doesn't help. And it was late. I watched it back and realised that I did miss a few words, but I was also dropping out all the "umms" and "arrs".

Just any text file will do. Then I'll paste it into the subtitling program that formats all the display commands and forms it into a proper Closed Captioning file that I then upload to YouTube.

The program I'm using plays the video in 4 second blocks and loops them over and over until you're ready to move onto the next 4 seconds. When a word or an "umm" is cut in half it was a little hard to tell if that was the word or not.

In the end it's a first attempt and I'm happy with the way it came out. Now I just have to go back and finish it off and correct the spelling and other mistakes.

• 2 months later...

nice vids, but can i choose the songs next time

there terrible haha

but besides that top vids

Sure... ...I'll take any suggestions for music... ...But it all has to be copyright free... ...I got permission from the band to use their music... ...And their management got them the rights to do the "Till the World Ends" cover...

The other thing is... ...The music I've used in the other videos is all copyright free... ...But someone keeps flagging them saying that the music breaches copyright... ...And it's a daily battle to fight YouTube to prove that there are no copyright breaches...

ohh is it that much hassle just to add a song? im mates with djs that produce their own songs . pretty sure theyll let you use one of their choones for your vids

pm me if your interested

Edited by w34ponGT

• 6 months later...

So it has been a long time since I've done an episode of SAU Vic TV. I guess I've been too busy working on other people's projects to work on my own. That being said, the Show 'n' Shine is coming up and I'm wondering if anyone would like to have a go at hosting the show. Martin did a great job last year but will be away this year. All you need to do is bring some enthusiasm and we'll be set to go.

I know some websites if you want music without permission.

Anything will help. I know of a few sites where you can buy copyright free music, but it sometimes really hard to dig through all the crap to find something good. And then sometimes it's something I've heard somewhere else.