SAU Community

Rb26 Oil Pump Choices

djr81

So whats happening with these 2j style pumps? NITTO have you got any good news for us yet? Im very interested!

Have been looking at Tomei as an option, but i have heard of them breaking too as they have no room for movement. But the Tomei has external pressure adjust as a small bonus! Also considered the N1 pump with Billet gears, but still not 100% trusting of this setup, even with a collar, ross balancer & girdle brace/awd adaptor, im not sure its worth the money saved?

So hopefully these 2j pumps will be available soon, as i will need to finalise this pump descision soon, so i can finish building my rb30!

I also have the tomei sump baffle setup on the standard gtr sump, spool head oil drain & i think a 1.5mm restrictor & a HKS thermostated oil cooler, but was wondering if the expense of an extended sump (~$1300) is really nessesary or is it just a luxury? (*predomanently a street car, but will see a few circuit & club events each year! **also will be using motul 300v comp. oil)

So whats happening with these 2j style pumps? NITTO have you got any good news for us yet? Im very interested!

So hopefully these 2j pumps will be available soon, as i will need to finalise this pump descision soon, so i can finish building my rb30!

Not happening any time soon last I heard

External pump/wet sump setup is another option...and not all that much more expensive then a Nitto/Tomei/Jun etc pump + Collar

Also keen to hear from Nitto.

If you do go with a Tomei pump, 1.5mm is too big. 1.1 is more like it, and I have "heard" that racepace even use a 0.9mm! Im adding a 1.1mm restrictor to my setup after filling the catch can at Winton.

Don't run your mains larger than 3 thou clearence and you won't have a problem with the Tomei pump. Larger than 2.2 clearance will kill an N1 pump.

Don't run a big pump without a big sump as well, and especially not if you intend on seeing more than 30 seconds of track time. Protect your investment and add a few more litres of oil. Oil is life!

how would you drive it? Would i lose my A/C? or my balancer? I prefer the idea of the 2j style pump & nitto said they were testing and shouldnt be far off??!?!!

Aahhh well there you go...wasn't aware Nitto were still copying other peoples ideas :nyaanyaa:

Splined pump is the best option.

But even the JZ guys have oil pump issues if the clearances are out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

sorry for reviving an old post but im in the same situation now as u where in, and i just wanted to know what choice you went with and if it was the N1 with gears and restrictor as thats what im looking at doing + sump and cam Baffles.

• 1 month later...

ok- So ive read through this.....

No mention on the Oil pump i have- HKS.

i understand the whole bigger pump mean picking up more oil therefore leaving less in the sump

Alot of this seem to be mentioned with track cars and 7k rmp +

I have a stock baffled sump, and supposedly Tomei oil gallery orifice, im just not to sure if this will casue any issues? and i would be better of with a stock pump- Keeping in mind this is street driven so wont be seeing the load that the avg track car gets.

ok- So ive read through this.....

No mention on the Oil pump i have- HKS.

i understand the whole bigger pump mean picking up more oil therefore leaving less in the sump

Alot of this seem to be mentioned with track cars and 7k rmp +

I have a stock baffled sump, and supposedly Tomei oil gallery orifice, im just not to sure if this will casue any issues? and i would be better of with a stock pump- Keeping in mind this is street driven so wont be seeing the load that the avg track car gets.

I think the Tomei restrictors are 1.5mm

You should be fine. These problems generally only arise on the track because you don't spend a lot of time at high revs (6000+) on the road.

• 2 years later...

Not so much has anyone gone to the effort ... more has anyone been prepared to risk their engine with new technology! They look good, have been tested at high rpm (11,000) and power (1000hp) the only element missing is longevity - if I were in the market for one (to be honest I'm not) I would like to see a few engines that have done 10,000km or more on one. Plus 450 pounds sterling is a lot of dollars!