SAU Community

How much would you pay...

hey guys,

Well i want to get a Supra or perhaps a GTR - the problem is I brought a NA r33 less then 1 month ago...

I am after SERIOUS responses only - I do not want people to reply 'give you 15 bucks' or some other stupid shit...

I am wanting to know how much you guys think it would be worth..

Here's a short description...

1993 NA R33

65,200 km's (genuine) - I have done 700 km's since I got it

Silver in colour

Interior is immaculate - 1 small mark near gear stick

Exterior has some minor patches to redo (very small scratches - just a few)

5 spd manual

2.5L (of course)

16" Promeda rims - 95% tred front and back (like brand new tyres)

$500 immoboliser + alarm system was installed 2 weeks ago

Remote central locking (of course comes with alarm)

All the power options (of course :))

Has 'aero kit'

Only stuff I have had done since I brought it:

Changed oil to some 10w30 full sythetic

Removed stock air box and put POD (was in processes of fitting a CAI)

Still has until August on rego - brought less than 1 month ago...

http://www.gatty.net/car/ :)

if i decide to sell it, it will be within the month - currently it's just a weekend car so it doesn't get driven much - seems like a waste of good car...

i wont have it in october though...

well mate in all seriousness u will not get a whole lot for it, if i were u id put it on the market for 16.5k maybe. It looks stunning and all, Low km's etc. I had mine listed at 16.5k ended up sellin at 14.5k :P and i bought it for 17k, spent just over $3000 on it so quite a loss unfortunately. Its just ashame that theres not a bigger market for NA skylines as they are such awesome vehicles. i mean my friend sold his turbo skyline for 16k and the condition of it was very much worse then mine, and the performance side, well there wasnt too much difference, more torque etc. but just from driving it the NA one felt much more fun. Neways hope this helps

Clint

i was lucky buying mine, the guy had gone overseas and i managed to get it down to 12k. and it was in mint condition had zorst and rims 2. its been a pleasure to drive it over the last 6 months but i dread the time going to sell it as the prices just keep dropping n dropping

around $13-$15k should be fine.. Quite a few people such as new p-platers etc go for the n/a due to it being slightly cheaper for insurance, and it may be only what their parents allow. Thing is new imports of R33 aren't really coming in too much, so the prices are staying static.

Problem is there are plenty of R33 GTS-T for around $18k.. so when people can pay $3k to get a turbo version usally that is where they are going to go.

My girlfriend bought an R33 96 series 2 NA Auto about 6 months ago - she paid 18k for it, but it is the cleanest original skyline i have ever seen (has aftermarket exuast thats it)

Even the things like scratches/marks on the interior you mention hers doesn't have...

so hers is a series 2, done about 70,000ks, immac cond, yours is series 1, same k's, not quite immac condition and i think my gf paid too much for hers... you should be happy if you get 15k for yours

i'd say you wouldnt get very much more then 15k for it. mines exactly the same as yours. i imported it a total cost of 13k inc rego.

PS. You'll never make money on a car. The value is gonna depreciate no matter what you do. Just like my XF wagon. Brand new was 17k and i cant get 2 grand for it... :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why wouldn't you ****wit?

a number of reasons why:

1. I don't live in melbourne and am not a member of a gay bashers gang whom steal cars in their spare time

2. Insurance is much higher for a younger driver if it's turbo'ed

3. Because i wanted it

Now shut the **** up and go steal some old womens pension money :)