SAU Community

Clear Indicator Lense For Series 2 Project

Hi,

We did get the lense and we are looking further into this project to make sure it is viable.

We have also been in contact with a forum member who is willing to donate a pair of fog lights so that we can continue on.

Should have some more progress shortly.

Shane

That would be me guys, I've just bought a replacement front bar that has the the lights in it as well so as soon as I pick it up I have told psi I will be happy to donate them for the greater good ;)

Dale lives not too far away from me so I can drop them over to him no probs. I've just been working away a lot at the moment but I will be home for a while in two weeks so I can pick up said bar.

The ball is a rolling!!!!!

oh Dale you should of mentioned you needed them I have spare fog light housings I could sent you with the lense... doh...

Sorry mate, I didn't realise you had the whole lot. We just want to check how the mounts are set out so that we can come up with a solution that means as little work for you as possible. As I read that some of you are heating up the glue to get the lenses off and it may warp the surround. Any solution we come up with will need to be mass produced and include instructions for anyone to follow. I don't want hiccups or people saying this isn't a DIY job further down the track, so bare with us.

I did some searching a while back when I read Phil's original thread about attempting this and came across these pics on JDM Styling (I think), forgot i had them on my phone.

Just goes to show it can and has been done on a S2. After the glass cutting is done does anyone know what kind of bulbs can be used? as in if a big orange bulb is put behind the clear will it just look orange again or will it be far enough back to not stand out?

Sorry to disappoint you guys

but the second pic was photoshopped :D

and i still currently have the orange

056ec.jpg

OK if someone can pause time fo me I can actually continue the project... my time gets eaten by work.

105-110mm diamond hole saw, a wood jig to hold the lense, a drill and a heap of water, I already have the spare glass lenses waiting

• 2 weeks later...