SAU Community

25/30 Are You Using An Oil Ristrictor ?

tazzy

i hammered in the rear restrictor about 20mm then filled it to the top of the block with that liquid metal stuff you mix together with your fingers.

1.5 restrictor at the front and i brazed up the vct feed and drilled it to 1.5mm

n1 pump. I had problems on the dyno with oil blowing out the rocker breathers and i figured i had a bit of blowby and the oil could not drain back so i just pulled out the dipstick and have had no problems!

Those of you venting the crankcase to a catchcan via the dipstick, how have you made the connection onto the dipstick? 1/2" hose and a clamp?

• 1 month later...

Please don't use the standard restrictors.

I've had 3 sets of restrictors in mine. - R32 RB25DE Head.

1. Standard (over 5500rpm = filled catch can)
  2. blocked rear with a 1.5mm front (not enough oil on start up)
  3. and finally 2 x 1.3mm which is perfect.

RB25det - blocked rear and a 1.5mm is apparently ok. Others may be able to share their cold start storys with the same setup.

The blocked rear and 1.5mm up front was fine once warm but cold starts I could hear something knocking about up top rear on the exhaust side - coincidentally that's the furthest away from the front 1.5mm restrictor.

With the 2 x 1.3mm all noises disappeared and all sounds sweet again. Also - no catch can filling either.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys i have a question, i have rb30et bottom end with s1 r33 rb25 head, thinking of running the stock rb30et oil pump

and most of the time i will be using it on the track. what oil restrictors would i need to use/get if any at all?

sorry for the n00bness :worship:

Please don't use the standard restrictors.

I've had 3 sets of restrictors in mine. - R32 RB25DE Head.

1. Standard (over 5500rpm = filled catch can)
  2. blocked rear with a 1.5mm front (not enough oil on start up)
  3. and finally 2 x 1.3mm which is perfect.

RB25det - blocked rear and a 1.5mm is apparently ok. Others may be able to share their cold start storys with the same setup.

The blocked rear and 1.5mm up front was fine once warm but cold starts I could hear something knocking about up top rear on the exhaust side - coincidentally that's the furthest away from the front 1.5mm restrictor.

With the 2 x 1.3mm all noises disappeared and all sounds sweet again. Also - no catch can filling either.

+1 for using two 1.3mm restrictors.

Just using one 1.5mm might be ok for a solid lifter setup.

my setup with 2x 1.5mm was still pumping way too much oil to the head as soon as you took it past 6000. its just been changed to 1x 1.5mm and 1x 1mm with a couple extra oil drains directly to the sump for good measure.

will see how it goes this time round.

1x 1.5mm is not enough for the hydraulic lifters (for solids sure that will work), 2x 1mm can be hit and miss, works for some gives lots of lifter noise for others.

when i brought my oil restrictors i just brought 2 blanks, one of which im drilling out to 1.5mm. iv already put the blank in ontop of the rear oil restrictor and its nice tight fit

I'm getting a adjustable feed for my 25/30 oil control problem, it is externally adjustable and will be set so when at high rpm the oil will be high enough for cooling and lubrication but will not overflow, by rights this should still see enough oil at low rpm to feed my lifters.

With my 2 head drains and the drain from the can to the sump hopefully the oil is going to stay in the motor.

Hopefully.