SAU Community

Cefiro Hood Damper

o0o

yo guys gotta annoy you again :banana:

donno why but here in Thailand on all a31 are the hood dampers f**ked up, maybe of the heat or donno what lol...

mine are f**ked up to, anybody know where to get some? found on ebay some for a32 but the seller told me they're too long for a31 >_<

would be cool if somebody has an idea how to solve this...

these struts on my car were already f**ked up when i got it...

the old owner drilled a hole through it to put a pin in there to let them hold the hood :pwned:

so i need new ones...were at 2 nissan dealers over here, the one told me it cost me ridiculous 150USD for new ones from japan???:blink:

i think thats a bit too much lol, the other dealer said they were not available...

anybody know where i can get some cheap second hand or some interchangeable ones from other cars?

monroe make direct replacements. no mucking about, just bolt on.

i will edit this post tomorrow morning for more detail. from what i remember they were ~$50 each...

Edited by rayj

50bucks looks much more better to me lol

for me it doesn;t have to be nissan oem, just have to work and that hopefully a few years^^

i googl'd all day,...can't find shit on A31...

Edited by o0o

Monroe Part# ML4371

I got them from Malz and yep $52.50 each. Straight fit, job was done in about 10 mins by myself.

Big stick / something to hold weight of bonnet, 12mm to take the factory struts off, 13mm to put the new ones one (bolt size is different, but again, they're a direct fit, no stuffing around).

Nissan genuine ones can't be rebuilt for some reason, to do with their odd seal design or some shit.

Edited by Nic_A31

cool,...gotta order some in a few days:)

how long did you use them now and any problems with the weight of the hood?

Edited by o0o

I've been using them for over a year now, and no drama's, they feel exactly the same this afternoon as they did the day I installed them.

A bit better than the factory ones if you ask me...just lift the hood a couple of inches and it'll extend all the way up by itself. Likewise if you push it down halfway and let go, it doesn't slam onto the radiator support, it goes down gently.

i knew there were aftermarket ones available just not too easy to get, good work on the info now i know what to get when mine are shagged

• 4 months later...

Monroe Part# ML4371

I got them from Malz and yep $52.50 each. Straight fit, job was done in about 10 mins by myself.

Big stick / something to hold weight of bonnet, 12mm to take the factory struts off, 13mm to put the new ones one (bolt size is different, but again, they're a direct fit, no stuffing around).

Nissan genuine ones can't be rebuilt for some reason, to do with their odd seal design or some shit.

Awesome stuff. Cheers mate :)

Just got some from a wreckers and they where stuffed too!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for future reference I found a USA compatable part here

Mighty lift #E95784

20130404_023916_zpscc79c961.jpg

20130404_023938_zpsc734d7d3.jpg

Can't tell you how nice it is to have these shocks working and it was only $20 to fix it!!!

They were on sale!!!

Hope this help someone!