SAU Community

SAU Stickers

grandmasterb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence but have a look @ each club sticker, they are all individually designed.

Would have been nice if you actually made your own design rather than, what is in essence, just copying the Victorian one.

Club members wear stickers as a mark of their membership and the individuality that goes with it.

No two states stickers/logo's are similar for this reason. Same for merchandise and so on.

All clubs are non-profit & have never sought to copyright/TM material as it's a gross waste of money. So a bit disappointing something like this would happen.

Huh? :blink:

I'm sorry if you feel that we've just copied you, but it's a good design, simple, clear, everyone knows what it is with out having to look at it. I thought that was the point of club stickers. unsure.gif

Feel? You did copy, a blind man could see that.

I mean you didn't even ask the Vic club before ripping it off.

I get the impression from your response you don't seem to care about what you've done anyway (doesn't even appear you read my post clearly)... rather unfortunate and not really becoming of the whole community.

Feel? You did copy, a blind man could see that.

I mean you didn't even ask the Vic club before ripping it off.

I get the impression from your response you don't seem to care about what you've done anyway (doesn't even appear you read my post clearly)... rather unfortunate and not really becoming of the whole community.

Will reply to this via a PM when I get home, on my phone at the moment. Overall though, I think this is a bit of a harsh judgement without any background, and the way you have stated this is asking for someone to bite back at the very least. Will fill you in on the details and reasons later on, which may stop people being banned for biting back too hard and being banned :)

i understand wot nismoid is saying and to be honest i didn't even know it was a copy of victoria's or that they were all individual styles but i dont see how it is ripping anyone off considering were all one big community

Well I thought it was the same everywhere just changing name of state/territiory. Unaware or this individuality from state to state.

Obviously something worth looking into.

+ comments on non profit club....wouldn't costs be to cover cost of manufacturing of stickers and not relying on one person to cover the full cost??

Edited by TJHill

Will reply to this via a PM when I get home, on my phone at the moment. Overall though, I think this is a bit of a harsh judgement without any background, and the way you have stated this is asking for someone to bite back at the very least. Will fill you in on the details and reasons later on, which may stop people being banned for biting back too hard and being banned :)

Oh come on - im not going to ban people for copying the Vic logo.

That's just absurd. To be honest, it doesn't really matter what the background is at all.

I didn't start anything remember, it was taken from us without anyone even having common courtesy to approach us.

Each club puts in many long hours per year to get thier branding, logo, promotional material out there in the community. Clubs also work closely together on some merchandise items to reduce costs.

To simply have it copied, i think anyone could appreciate, is a bit of a downer on some serious hard work over the years by people.

I think any Club Exec would react in much the same way if they were in this situation. Thankfully they aren't i guess.

This.

I thought it'd be cool to be in uniform with the other states.

As none of the other states are uniform & distinctly different... Not really sure how one would come to such a conclusion when earlier in this thread other clubs logo/branding was posted up :mellow:

Either way whats done is done. Can't change what has happened.

Perhaps for your next run you might think about creating your own logos or something. Have a bit of individuality about it. Might seem like a non-issue to you guys, but we've spent 6 years working on our branding, be nice to at least be approached with your intent beforehand - rather than having to see this after the fact.

To end rant how about whether people did or didn't know, may we please be pardoned for this once as it is now officially out there for all to know the facts concerning club stickers and we can have a look at what has already been designed and we work on something individual for our state.

Whether it was known or not I'm quite sure that everyone is sorry for any inconvenience it has made for Victorian or any other states members.

That's just absurd. To be honest, it doesn't really matter what the background is at all.

PM sent about all of this, but thought I should reply to this here as well :)

I wasn't saying people would be banned for copying the Vic logo, I've seen you around these forums enough to know you moderate in moderation, not click happy with the ban button. I was more worried that people would jump up & say something stupid in reply, and get themselves banned for that instead.

To end rant how about whether people did or didn't know, may we please be pardoned for this once as it is now officially out there for all to know the facts concerning club stickers and we can have a look at what has already been designed and we work on something individual for our state.

Whether it was known or not I'm quite sure that everyone is sorry for any inconvenience it has made for Victorian or any other states members.

Touche mate, Touche. No one wanted this, and if we had this post a couple of weeks earlier then I'm pretty damned certain that printing wouldn't have gone ahead. I had no idea that SAU Vic had a design like this, and I also have no idea what other states have either?

I was furious the last time I saw someone had taken some code (rather awesome code too, if I may say so myself) I had slaved over for months and distributed it without acknowledging it was my work, so I know the general feeling, and it's not great. I actually believe I started my response email with "WHAT THE f**k DO YOU f**kING f**kERS f**kING THINK YOU'RE f**kING DOING WITH MY f**kING CODE ON YOUR f**kING SITE, f**k MAN I f**kING WO..." etc...

I didn't start anything remember, it was taken from us without anyone even having common courtesy to approach us.

Each club puts in many long hours per year to get thier branding, logo, promotional material out there in the community. Clubs also work closely together on some merchandise items to reduce costs.

To simply have it copied, i think anyone could appreciate, is a bit of a downer on some serious hard work over the years by people.

I think any Club Exec would react in much the same way if they were in this situation. Thankfully they aren't i guess.

As none of the other states are uniform & distinctly different... Not really sure how one would come to such a conclusion when earlier in this thread other clubs logo/branding was posted up :mellow:

Either way whats done is done. Can't change what has happened.

Perhaps for your next run you might think about creating your own logos or something. Have a bit of individuality about it. Might seem like a non-issue to you guys, but we've spent 6 years working on our branding, be nice to at least be approached with your intent beforehand - rather than having to see this after the fact.

Well , many apologies nismoid , I too was of the understanding that all logo's across australia (for skylines australia) were of that similar design (being a red R and a whaite au) , if/when there is another run of stickers made we will be sure to change it :) and i'm sure we (the tasmanian sau community) would be quite happy to scrap those stickers and make our own design if it's going to offend fellow sau clubs across the country :thumbsup:

i had a play last night but i got over it pretty quickly and gave up lol

i like what we have, maybe someone should ask sau vic really nicely if its ok to use theirs

What it looks like on stock smoked glass :)

2011-06-11132008-1.jpg