SAU Community

Differences Between R33 And R34 Rb26 Engines?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They system is physically different in terms of the actual mechanics so it would probably not work.

If there was a schematic for the system you could compare.

Things like extra sensors, inputs and stuff might exist?

They system is physically different in terms of the actual mechanics so it would probably not work.

If there was a schematic for the system you could compare.

Things like extra sensors, inputs and stuff might exist?

There is a schematic of the R32 unit in the manual that everyone has a copy of. Never seen one off an R33.

At the end of the day you have the usual range of sensor inputs - wheel speed, accelerometers, brake input, TPS and that is it.

attessa schematic.pdf

the best and quickest way is to find the control module on yahoo jp auctions for 32 33 34

check the photos and compare differences

youll soon see if the loom connector is different

im sure you guys arent the first in the world to try it

otherwise everyone who had BNR32 would buy BCNR33/BNR34 attessa as the first mod to increase handling

Yeah, good find paul, but I would still be interested in seeing what is involved in putting the newer system in a 32.

If we can write up a list of what we need I will look into tracking some stuff down, because I know atleast one other person then myself who would be very interested in this.

But that will not help with the sample rate will it ?

was talking of completely transplanting the whole system from a 33/34 into my 32 and making all the sensors work.

Not sure.

R32/33/34 attesa is the same mechanically. 34 transfer case is a little different from memory in that it fits to the getrag box but I'd have to look at one again to be sure. but they are still basically the same thing. you can transplant the ecu etc from a 34 into a 32 just need to know the right pinouts etc to get it working. I've seen it done in japan in a 32 with 34 attesa and 34 abs too.

if you want to go the whole hog you can buy a 34 getrag and transfer case, put that in, then get all the sensors and ecu's needed to run it. might as well go 34 ABS while you're at it and maybe add a 34 engine ecu and cas etc so you can basically have 34 driveline in a 32. then you could easily add the MFD too. would be nice to have 34 ABS/ATTESA and MFD in a 32.

R32/33/34 attesa is the same mechanically. 34 transfer case is a little different from memory in that it fits to the getrag box but I'd have to look at one again to be sure. but they are still basically the same thing. you can transplant the ecu etc from a 34 into a 32 just need to know the right pinouts etc to get it working. I've seen it done in japan in a 32 with 34 attesa and 34 abs too.

if you want to go the whole hog you can buy a 34 getrag and transfer case, put that in, then get all the sensors and ecu's needed to run it. might as well go 34 ABS while you're at it and maybe add a 34 engine ecu and cas etc so you can basically have 34 driveline in a 32. then you could easily add the MFD too. would be nice to have 34 ABS/ATTESA and MFD in a 32.

Nah I have done the re shimming thing & done the controller that fiddles with the lateral gee input for more front bias.

But going from 4Hz to 100Hz must make the system more reactive & more repeatable. I mean, at only 100kmh you are moving about 7 metres every quarter of a second. So it is not like the R32 system is on the ball.

How do we get hold of the 33 pinouts? Anyone got a manual?

f**k yeah !

I remember reading about a workshop that basically put all the goodies from the 34 into the 32.

I think it would be quite a large improvement.

As for manuals, I'm capped at the moment until midnight, but I will track one down once I can load web pages again :/

• 10 months later...

hi i know this is a old post but i am fitting a r34 gtr motor to my s1 stagea and would like some info.

i am prob going to need to run the 34 ecu and engine loom do u know if they are locked and would i have any probs with fitting it to the stagea?

and is there any other way of telling i have a 34R motor besides the the cas , turbos , color of the rocket covers or injectors?

and is there some where i can check the engine numb with out the rest of the car info?

The R34 gtr ecu's are key coded, so you don't want to go down that path unless you are using a power fc or other after market engine management. Your better off with an R32/R33 ecu and then reversing the pin order on the CAS, keeping an R34 CAS.

The engine block number will be able to shed some more light on the engine type.

R33 numbers started at RB26-0479xx

R34 numbers started at RB26-069xxx

http://webbersrbguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:engine-number-register&catid=42:engine-number-registers&Itemid=2