SAU Community

R34Gtt Vs Evo7/8

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dham it... this tread has it all posts where GT-R is mentioned in the same topic as the Soarer... now that just insulting period.

:domokun:

also i dont think R34 GTT is the same price range as Evo 8, but there are some nice Evo 7 going cheap.. i am guessing you will be looking at these not to mention the few Evo 7 GTA the auto version and Evo7 GTA Wagon.. surely there must be few on car sales

I also looked at GT-A's on Carsales yesterday, and from what I've read, seems to be a pretty decent package for a sleeper daily, no bonnet vents, no wing (optional), Triptronic, but everything else is an Evo 7. Pretty street/utility friendly being a sedan, too.

For about the same price of a 1995 GT-R you can get a 2003-3 GT-A.. Brand loyalty aside, the questions and comparisons do warrant looking into..

please no GTA and definitely no auto / tiptronic - I saw these GTAs the other day when lookin at EVO 7 on carsales and I went 'what the...' An auto evo omg..

And about soarers...erm nice boats them soarers...they remind me of a huge blob of jelly everytime i see one.....but they do have the best interior of all Jap sports cars....but again they are big BOATS to cruising to bahamas in.. :)

Id bet my soarer would be within 50kgs of an R34 coupe.

So if the Soarer is a boat what do you guys an R35 or even a V35 as?

I still love my Boat though haha :thumbsup:

V35 is not much of a boat, it actually looks a fair bit smaller than a 34 taxi, and R35s could be erm - race boats or whatever you like to call them, but then again, a soarer is a nice - erm luxury boat, what do you guys reckon..?

I have driven an EVO 6.5 TME.

Was a fun car to drive and would make a nice daily.

It was stock with an aftermarket air intake and I could tell it had plenty of potential to open up the power.

Even though it only being a 2lt Inline 4, Turbo it was probably one of the fastest 4 doors I have ever driven.

Only thing I dislike about the EVO or Lancers in general, is the gearbox.

The engine is East / West position, hence the gearbox follows that position (FWD positioning) meaning there are linkages.

So while changing gears, it felt a little 'notchy' VS the Nissan gearbox, which I am use to, is very straight.

So the EVO has a different characteristic VS a Skyline.

Still an EVO would be a decent change from your GTT.

V35 is not much of a boat, it actually looks a fair bit smaller than a 34 taxi, and R35s could be erm - race boats or whatever you like to call them, but then again, a soarer is a nice - erm luxury boat, what do you guys reckon..?

Luxury Yacht thank you very much hahah

Everyone should know its not about what can beat what. There will always be a car out there that will beat yours. Skyline, Evo, Rex, Soarer (Sadly lol), Charade (LOL), VN Commodore (LMAO). It's all about how much money you throw down the rabbit hole. It's what you personally prefer is the reason you get the car. It's your personal preference of what style you love to drive. This discussion will just go in loops trying to comapre each of them as they are very different cars.

Evos are great cars basically the only "Great" car that comes from the Mitshu's but they are not what I want and love to drive.

You will rape some and you will get raped by some.

haha well said, lol at charade, VN commodore and soarer hehe..yes basically its what YOU want to drive, I love my 34GTT to bits and the next thing I want to drive is an EVO 7..

Stock EVO 7 has 383NM, stock R34GT-R has 373NM and R34GT-T has 343NM, and I think the torque in the EVO comes on earlier too...

WTF is wrong with our bigger capacity 6 cylinder motors, even the over-hyped GT-Rs donk is less than this small 2L 4 cyl Mitsi motor..what an embarassment to the Nissan straight 6 clan, sure power isnt everything, BUT at least in this category we should have significantly more torque than the 4G63.

Stock EVO 7 has 383NM, stock R34GT-R has 373NM and R34GT-T has 343NM, and I think the torque in the EVO comes on earlier too...

WTF is wrong with our bigger capacity 6 cylinder motors, even the over-hyped GT-Rs donk is less than this small 2L 4 cyl Mitsi motor..what an embarassment to the Nissan straight 6 clan, sure power isnt everything, BUT at least in this category we should have significantly more torque than the 4G63.

Theres nothing wrong with them. Chuck and exhaust, filter and the 14psi they deserve and away you go.

Ive never owned an Evo but I will at some stage, might even make it my next car.

Same here, evo7 will be my next ride, black one i want..dont like the fact that the little 4G63 has more torque earlier than our famous And overrated RBs.. They say if u cant beat them, then join them..

RB's are strangled for boost and exhaust flow from the factory, what does a standard evo run boost wise ? Lol people are actually surprised they make more torque ?

Good point, they come from factory with ideal settings- great turbos running high boost, while our poor RBs come with crappy ceramic wheeled turbos running super low boost