SAU Community

Aircon Button Killing Engine..

YunisA

what happens when you push ac on?. get someone to turn the ac on while the engine is running and see if the pump spins. you can spin the pulley when its not clutched in,

id say the aircon pump is no good its seized. either dont turn on the ac or just pull the belt off until you can get a new pump

Hmm I would have thought the belt might slip and cause a squeal if the pump is seized. The easiest thing to do is pull that belt off the AC pump and see if it turns by hand. If you know anyone who works with AC's they can connect some shit up to the unit and tell you if its seized without pulling anything out/apart. That belt must be really tight on to stall your engine. Something risky/stupid to do would be to drive at say 5rpm and flick the switch on.... I wouldn't suggest it though.

Even when driving or at idle, does not make a difference, it will kill the engine..I am begining to think it is electrical? There is no squeel noise or anything like that..

Edited by YunisA

if there is a bit of a belt squeal then it is the compressor. if it only dies when idling but the car will still run if you turn it on when driving then it may be the AAC valve. if it kills the car when driving also, but there is no belt squeal then there may be an electrical short.